Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 10 Point Titan TL-4 >

10 Point Titan TL-4

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

10 Point Titan TL-4

Old 06-24-2006, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default 10 Point Titan TL-4

I am getting close to purchasing my first crossbow. After hours of research, I am zeroingin on the Ten Point Titan TL-4.I don't like the price however = $750.00. (Ugh) Would like to get better value.

Leaningtowardthis because I plan to be in a tree a part of the time and would like easier cocking with the ACUdraw crank system. Not sure if I should go with the three-dotor multi-line scope.

Also, I am told that the trajectory on this bow(or bows in the 280 FPS range) is asix inch drop between 20 & 30 yards. Notsure about 30 to 40 yds and 40- 50 yds. Thoughts?

Anycomments or recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

Old 06-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 10 Point Titan TL-4

I think Buddy Bo uses a Titan, he can tell ya more. Most guys cock their bow on the ground, then pull it up, unloaded, w/ rope. The Acudraw w/ crank is nice, but it is about $200. The Acudraw 50 is pretty much a built in rope cocker, which will require the same effort and motions as my rope cocker I carry in pocket. I don't much care for the multi dot red dots, they seem too close together for me. The 40 and 50 yd drop is kinda a moot point when deer hunting, few take shots much over 30 yds due to "string jump". I use Excals Vari-Zone and here's why. Once you sight the crosshair in at 20, you shoot at 30... then just turn the speed dial to get your point of impact right. The 40 and 50 yd aim points on verticle hair will be right on, or at least close enough to hit a 3 inch circle out to 50. This will work on any bow or arrow combination. They can be had for $86 if you look around. 10 pt. has a new scope out, 3x w/ lit dots and xhairs, kinda a marriage between scope or red dot. Good luck!
Old 06-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Vadeer,
The drop on the Titan is about 2-4 between 20-30 and about 6-8 between 30-40.
The Titan is a good value. I am guessing by the price you need the Acudraw. Because the Titan packages start at $499 with out the Acudraw.
It won the Inside Archery best by in 2004.
Let me know if you have detail questions on the bow I will be glad to answer.
Thanks,
Randy
Old 06-24-2006, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

BuddyBo has a QX4 Elite with accudraw and cross hair Ten Point scope. The Titan is a good choice also though. I just had this extra money that was just killing me to spend on the top of the line at the time. If there had been a QX4000, I'd a bought that! LOL.
BBO
Old 06-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well its another very sad day to lose a new xbower so quickly, did you try out the Excalibur's before this terrible decision that ya made? Gee see what you have done! Made me break out in a bad rash just talking of 10 pt.'s OH Lordy Lordy what a pity! Hope i can change yer mind before ya throw all yer money away![&o][][:-][:-][8D][&o][&o][&o][&o][:-][:-][:-][:-][][][][][]
Old 06-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks forthe comments Guys. Made no decision yet.
Excalibur's could still be in play. What would be a comparable model?

The dealer actually steered me to the Ten Point. Mzybe there is more profit for him there.
Excalibur models were sitting right next to the Ten Points.

Point well taken on the cocking on the ground. Eliminates the need for the crank ACUdraw. A rope I suspectwill be fine for me. (Saving = $130.)

As far as string jump, do I understand this correctly-- up to 30 yds no problem but out to 40 or 50 yds need to aim low?
Old 06-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Typical Buck

The dealer was stearing you in the right direction,, I have the TenPoint ProElite , and do not regret getting her one bit,, I chose her over all the Excaliburs, for me feature for feature the Excalaburs do not come close..

Sorry Smoke my TenPoint can beat up your ExCalibur

Old 06-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

vadeer: Most xbow hunters consider 30-35 yds their limit due to string jump possiblities on whitetail deer. The xbows all have the accuracy for longer range shots on less spooky animals like elk or moose. you can listen to me/these guys til the cows come home, but you're the one gonna have to chunk out the money and live w/ what ya get. They will all do the job. There is alot of brand loyalty here. Myself and others prefer the simplicity of the recurves, and being able to perform maintenance [very little] ourselves. Others like the compounds, a little more handy, less width, have pro shops available IF NEEDED. I am an Excal fan, but not as far as the "package" deals go, with any brand. Htoler loves his Pro-Elite, w/ all its bells and whistles, but for every feature on it, the cash register went Ka-ching!! Cadillacs cost LOL. You said this dealer has both sitting side by side, won't he let you try them? If I were you, when you look at the Excals, take a real close look at the Phoenix. The E'cet is alot of bow and more bucks for the few fps difference. Excals stock arrows are 350 gr. 10 pt has two, one at 420 gr and the other is the same as I use, 431 gr. Try to shoot the heavier arrow in both. Hand in there!
Old 06-24-2006, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ditto what awshucks said!I also have the Phoenix and it will stack up to and out shoot most any xbow out there![:-][8D]I love it, couldn't pour me on a 10 pt. not that i have that kind of money to layout. I got the best xbow that i could afford, no it doesn't have 2 safeties but the one it has is great, and the person should be alert while using any xbow. Thumbs can get shreaded if stuck up by rail![][&o][:-][8D]
Old 06-25-2006, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

In the interest of science I did stick my thumb above the rail. I would not recommend it to anyone.The thumb was retreived and has returned to full use.

Quick Reply: 10 Point Titan TL-4

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.