Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Got a legend XT175 need some help >

Got a legend XT175 need some help

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Got a legend XT175 need some help

Old 06-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Got a legend XT175 need some help

Picked up a legend XT175 today for my new bow. I'm not to sure how i like it yet though. It's a real powerhouse it blows clean through my target so looks like im going 2 have to buy a new one. I'm not pleased with the trigger at all. It feels like it breaks at about 20lb u haveto literally yank you're guts out to get it to fire and the thing kicks like a rifle when you shoot it. I'm thinking carbon bolts are not a good idea with it either. They gave me 4 carbon bolts with it and on the second shot with the one bolt it splintered up by the nock. I was only shooting each arrow individually at the target so i know i didnt hit it with another bolt. I'm going to spend some time with it tomorrow shoot it some more and really see what i think. One thing i know for sure though. Any animal i hit with that passthroughs will not be a issue in the slightest. Also does anyone know if there is any way to adjust the triggers in the Legend XT175's? Thanks
Old 06-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got a legend XT175 need some help

lol deerslayer, i have a horton legend 150 and it kicks hard too. i was supprised. mine hasnt split carbons and i shoot 2219 carbons. real expensive when you shoot as much as i do. my trigger isnt that bad but it's more than a rifle's trigger. i had a bruise like i shot 20 rounds with a 12 gauge one day. it puts a damper on your shooting. i usually go 500 which isnt that long for me then i switch arms. i'm a great shot right or left. idk how do adjust anything. just go back and get an excalibur or a tenpoint.
Old 06-02-2006, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

OK EZ fix folks! Just get an Excalibur, anyone will do! Hahahahahehehehe,couldn't resist when y'all left the front, back, and both side doors open! []Hey thats the only real fix i know of! I feel sorry fer y'alls xbow problems![8D]
Old 06-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I doubt if there is an adjustment on your trigger on the Horton. The trigger mechanisms on xbow are a big part of their price. Most of the more economical models from all the major mfgrs seem to have real heavy pulls. Some of the companies offer "up-grades" to better triggers.

One of Excals main selling points is the fact that all of their models have the same trigger. I have two of them, and they are both swell.

If you got your bow from a major chain store like Cabelas or Bass Pro, you can probably exchange it for another, of which ever company and model you choose. Excals cheapest model is the Vixen, 150 lb pull, can be had for around $315, if you are bargain buying.

I could go on and on about why I chose Excals, but it seems to get alot of peoples panties in a bunch. LOL You might wqant to go some place that not only sells xbows, but has a range where you can try them out prior to purchase. There are alot of good ones out there.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:35 PM

Is this bow new or used? The reason I ask is that all hortons bows now come with a "Talon" trigger that has a real light triger pull. When I bought my super max 175 it was one of the few that had a trigger upgrade on it and not all had it as awshucks said, but all have it now. Also I think the XT was last years model because this years models are HD. You could have an "old/new" stock and not have the new trigger. But stilll my old supper mag never pulled "hard" in my book. If you think it is pulling to hard take it back and use it a negotiation with the dealer.