Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 whats your take on the whats up thread? >

whats your take on the whats up thread?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

whats your take on the whats up thread?

Old 05-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whats your take on the whats up thread?

Arthur, you are obviously an intellegent and educated individual. So you must be aware that you can have your opinion and others can have theirs. As long as we all can agree to disagree the world is a better place. When we try to force an opinion on another its like an attempt at a dictatorship. Soooooo........ I'm ok with your opinion.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:18 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

I am now a crossbow hunter and it doesn't bother me a bit to say so. You will never, ever see or hear me refer to my crossbows as bows, or my bolts as arrows. It's just not gonna happen. If someone complains about it, I can tell them the truth. Comparing ease of use and performance between today's crossbows and compounds, there isn't a nickle's worth of difference. If one is okay, then the other must also be okay.
I also agree!

Old 05-17-2006, 01:03 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

So one side of the story is that one individual comes to a forum (not this one but another of HNI and starts bashing, that basher ends up here being followed by the bashees. So we poo innocent non-bashers get bashed buy the bashees becasue the basher ends up here, apparently. Still suspicious in regards to what Hotburn said earlier. I wish all of them would bash-off.
Anyone notice how many hits to this thread??? Kinda bashpicious if you ask me!
A word about bigcountry. I think he has a good heart but a bit miss-directed. He wants first crack at the deer. If stick bow hunters here had a two week season before all of archery I would not have a problem with it at all. He is not a true basher like someone we have experience with earlier. Now this guy on AT has stated that he would rather sit in the woods with a bow he couldn't use rather than use a crossbow. Bigcountry has told us that when the day he cannot pull back his bow he will be using a crossbow. There are more people starting to use crossbows as the days wear on so we (me too!) are going to have to be more tolerant and win these people over more gently rather than what we'd like to do.
Anyways, if the big guy comes around again I will certainly try to do better.
Old 05-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

here is some food for thought the bashers as they are being called appare to be gone or have been banned , and yet this continues on ,, why??? the original thread is all but dead and then this one gets started up.. I bet they are having a hay day sitting back and watching this..
Old 05-17-2006, 02:21 PM
Dominant Buck

When confronted by ignorance and prejudice just do what I do , I don't worry about it .
Enjoy your hunt and learn from others , it's nobody's business but your own what you hunt with or how if you aren't breaking the law .

Old 05-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I couldn't have said it better Kevin!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live in MA and I don't shoot a deer with a bow every season.I usually end up the season after PA and ME with a little meat in the freezer if I am lucky. Time is oh so limited and If I can get a leg up even slightly, I'm gonna take it. Will still hunt with the Hoyt V-Tech some but when blackpowder comes around, I won't be using flint. IPick up my Pheonix tommorow. Never hunted with a crossbow.Have permit will try it. It's like a world full of saints and people living in glass houses should not throw to many rocks and it just gets us squabbling with our own kind. My gun club does not even allow crossbows on any of the ranges. GEEZ.
Old 05-18-2006, 06:19 AM

Hey.....some people don't even like their own mom or dad , or sisters or brothers...their kids or wives......so how are they gonna like us. We're not using a xbow here to be liked or loved.....heck with 'em.
I'm going to enjoy myself to the upmost when I'm out in the woods and just be the sportsman that I am and be proud of it. As long as my hunt is legal and in good faith......whats to worry.
Ones life can change instantly.....tomorrow is promised to no one.....GET OUT THERE AND ENJOY EVERY MOMENT.
BOB
Old 05-18-2006, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

AMEN, BOB! THAT IS EXACTLY THE ATTITUDE EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE! YOU KEEP SPREADING THAT OUTLOOK AND IF WE ARE NOT CAREFUL, PRETTY SOON EVERYONE WILL BE HAPPY, WHETHER THEY WANT TO OR NOT! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
Old 05-18-2006, 12:58 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Dnk
Now Bigcountry has told us that when the day he cannot pull back his bow he will be using a crossbow.

Anyways, if the big guy comes around again I will certainly try to do better.
Holy cow, Don, I hope its not sooner than later.[&:] Iusually practice2 times a week at lunch and some in the evenings as I am getting ready for a traditional shoot this weekend. Well 2 weeks ago, my shoulder hada sharp pain. Today after 2 weeks of letting it heal, I shotat lunchand myleft shoulder sounded like snap crackle pop on the first shot.[] After 30 or so arrows, it started feeling little better.

Never know, you guys might see more of me after all. But I hope not. That would mean surgery. No offense.

Quick Reply: whats your take on the whats up thread?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.