HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   whats your take on the whats up thread? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/142612-whats-your-take-whats-up-thread.html)

Dnk 05-15-2006 08:28 PM

whats your take on the whats up thread?

Well guys, seems strange that all this madness came from no where. Feels like we were a war zone between a few people we never saw before. Kinda strange don't you guys think? Whats your take on this and the people who just appeared? We were all minding our own business and all the sudden missles going over head. This is what it felt like in a small village in Vietnam I guess.

Hotburn76 05-15-2006 08:44 PM

RE: whats your take on the whats up thread?

Dude you hit the nail on the head! Someone starts a thread thatI have never seen post before, then someone else comes in and pulls out the old billy club and hits us all over the head with how inferior we are, we get christine to come in and clean up the crap, and then the thread starter comes in and says we arnt level headed and shames us! I almost feel used up, like a shoplifted prostitute or something? Were we just trolled?

Dnk 05-15-2006 08:57 PM

I might be wrong but I feel set up. I hope I'm wrong. I was PMing back and forth with bigcountry and this whole think stinks. Mark, albeit is misguided in his thoughts in my opinion, is a decent guy. He is not a troll like we've seen before. I would like to see on a chart, how everyone got to this peacefull place. Its like someone forgot to wipe their feet before coming into the house! LOL!

Catsclaw 05-16-2006 12:17 AM

It's the nature of the beast. As long as we are WE, and they are THEM, this will never end. I have no fear, though. If I were to walk into a mass of them, I know my crossbow is already cocked, locked, and ready to rock!!! I'll get my shot off long before my target turns to run.;)You all know what I'm saying...let them be!!!!! They NEEDus to be them!!!!:)

On a more serious note...yes, I noticed that too. [&:]

Hotburn76 05-16-2006 12:36 AM

Hey Cats, its good to see ya posting again! Seems as though you were gone for awhile. Good to see our only hunting Queen back on the page.

Rebel Hog 05-16-2006 07:38 AM

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

Hey Cats, its good to see ya posting again! Seems as though you were gone for awhile. Good to see our only hunting Queen back on the page.
Ditto!

Rebel Hog 05-16-2006 07:42 AM

Fl. state handicap director, TNUSA
www.tednugent.com
www.thedisabledlife.com
I ain't hidin from nobody, no body's hidin from me.

AWESOME!

lemoyne 05-16-2006 08:51 AM

They did not read the tag on the forum index,as I remember it, it tells people with nasty prejudice's that they are not invited.
Of course those kind never pay any attention to rules or logic any way.
Its nice to have normal life resume again. Lee

BOB7255KHZ 05-16-2006 09:20 AM

Hi gang.
Well....I've seen this kind of "stuff" with other hobbies I am into.....everyone seems to want to be devided, just no happy mid point. Guess this is why the world is in the shape it's in.
Bob

awshucks 05-16-2006 11:46 AM

Oh boy! Another soap box LOL Somebody help me up! I read on every archery forum I can find. Post on a few. Watched this forum and Excal's for weeks before I worked up the nerve to post on an infernal machine I still don't have complete control over. And I realize to all you folks I'm still one of the "new kids on the block". I never saw the starter of that thread or big country post any where else, and like ya'll I'm a little confused too. The only point I want to make is that there are ton's of people out there in cyber space looking for information on the whole vert/horz shebang. Believe it or not, there are even a few verts on Bowsite[s]that are not convinced they want to blindly follow the "party line". Some of them take offense as automatically being labeled "anti" and I for one can't blame them. I look at posts like the one we're discussing as opportunities to tell the truth about the issue, not in the hopes of winning a whizzing contest w/ an anti, but rather to make points for our side to all those folks that are reading silently. To me, they are our resource pool. The more irritating and rabidly fanatical the other side posts and we all know most of the major players there, the better we look, as long as we don't get sucked down to their level. I choose to use humor and ridicule them, while still getting my point across. I consider everyone on this forum my friend and will stand behind ya'll and show you respect. I just think we can catch more fiys w/ honey than vinegar. Dang!! Ain't ya'll sorry I'm Irish?? LOL