Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Does the Acudraw really make this much difference? >

Does the Acudraw really make this much difference?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Does the Acudraw really make this much difference?

Old 05-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Does the Acudraw really make this much difference?

Thanks guys, I'll go and take a look at it at a shop I know.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:51 PM

A WORD OF WARNING!!! SOME STATES THATLET NON-HANDICAPPED HUNTERS TO USE A CROSSBOW, DO NOT ALLOW THE "USE OF LEVERAGE GAINING DEVICES" UNLESS YOU ARE HANDICAPPED. EXAMPLE - WYOMING - CHECK YOUR STATE HUNTING LAWS CAREFULLY!!!
Old 05-08-2006, 05:40 AM
Fork Horn

Wyoming is the only State thatI am aware of like that. They also have handicap laws for those that need it.
Randy
Old 05-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Does this include rope cockers? What kind of balderdash is this? So you have to be strong enough to hunt with an xbow or handicapped????
Old 05-09-2006, 02:06 AM
Fork Horn

DNK,
Yes.
Randy
Old 05-09-2006, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure what the hey Wyomings intent is w/ that bit of "balderdash" [thanks dnk] but I can flat a$$ guarantee you my rope cocker would be in MY pocket! That's all part of being an American, obey the laws you believe in and ignore the rest. This one needs ignored.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

I guess they're using the new and improved IBO sanctioned game laws. Can you use a rangefinder or let down and draw again on a deer? LOL Some of these game laws are absurd. We used to have one here that read "illegal to hunt quail in the snow"? Say what? Do they freeze or something? LOL Geeze.... make a friggin' limit and how you get them is up to you. I mean 3 deer is 3 deer right? Too much time and effort on the fine points of how to take game.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Typical Buck

you can bet that the powers that be that do not agree with the use of crossbows had a lot to do with that rule, think about it for a minute if you have a rule like that that the only ones that can use a cocking aid are the ones that have a medical reason and any others wishing to use a crossbow have to be able to cock it by hand then you have the use of crossbows limited, because a lot of people just cannot cock them by hand and it is not always because of lacking the strength to do so, take me for example I think I have enough strength I just dont have the stature to do it because of being short,, Im 5`2 ,, 5`3 depending on whos doing the measuring, and when I step on my drop tine to try to cock my bow by hand I am able to pull it back but cannot pull the string up far enough to cock it even standing up straight. at least crossbow are starting to be allowed , its a start ,, in time thay will be legal for any to use in all atates.. it is a step up form a lot of the states having the handicapped rule.. think of the positives...
Old 05-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Fork Horn

Yep they dislike us so much they come up with really creative ways to still wee in your corn flakes.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am guessing here, but I'm thinking maybe it was meant to limit the lb. pull. Maybe they thought you could build some 700 lb monster mounted in a jeep able to shoot arrows over tall bldgs. ect. From what I saw of Wyoming, it's pretty open country. If that was their intent, they should have just put a limit on the pound pull, like whatever state[s] it is that it's gotta be 200lbs or less. Which is more "balderdash" in my book. However, that is one rule I would follow, only not to give xbowers a bad rap if checked.

Quick Reply: Does the Acudraw really make this much difference?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.