HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Does the Acudraw really make this much difference? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/141448-does-acudraw-really-make-much-difference.html)

Bigg~BirddVA 05-03-2006 08:05 AM

Does the Acudraw really make this much difference?

I've been shooting that Browning which is mostly a Tenpoint a lot. It has the Acudraw. I am much more accurate and consistent than any of the Excals I've got. The only difference is the Acudraw vs the rope cocker. Can it really help the L/R shooting that much? High low seem to be better too.

awshucks 05-03-2006 09:59 AM

RE: Does the Acudraw really make this much difference?

There shouldn't be any difference, as long as you have the hooks tight to the rail on rope cocker. What arrows are you shooting out of the Excals?

10ptCrossbow 05-03-2006 11:24 AM

BB,
Yes, it does make big a difference. A rope cocker is better then by hand, but the Acudraw is better then a rope cocker. The Acudraw pulls the string back evenly and is centered on the barrel so it is the same every time. You don't see much difference at 30 yards, but 40-60 you really see it.
Randy

awshucks 05-03-2006 03:47 PM

BB: There ya go! I'm glad Randy is around cause he'd know. I would sure like to shoot w/ you guys somewhere someday and see some of these things we talk about. I'm about half tempted to order one of those 10 pts just to see what the hey they're all about.

Randy: Can you post a pict or two how the Acudraw works? Does the "rope" on it loop around the back of the receiver like a rope cocker? I'm sure you are correct in what you're saying, but I can't visualize how that is so. I hate having my bubbles burst, LOL

Dnk and I have talked at length about some kind of meet for folks on this forum. Htoler is in Illinois, my home state, and I may catch up w/ him on a future trip there. Just something for ya'll to think about.

10ptCrossbow 05-03-2006 08:34 PM

I hope this works, I don't do well with computers. The cord runs on 2 wheels, one on either side of the bow. The cord comes off one wheel, GOES THRU the claw and over to the other wheel. The claw is a horseshoe. On each side there is a cam that helps guide the claw down the center of the barrel. The botom of the horseshoe has a post that guides down the middle of the barrel. The claw can go nowhere but straight forward or backwards. If by chance one wheel wants to pull in more cord the the other, which is unlikely because they both run off one axle, the cord can center itself because it slips around, or through the claw. I hope this makes sense. I hope the picture works too. Here goes!
Randy

10ptCrossbow 05-03-2006 08:37 PM

Here is a picture of the bow being cocked by the Acudraw.
Randy

10ptCrossbow 05-03-2006 08:47 PM

There is a great picture of the underside of the claw on the PDF of the owners manual, but i can't get it to pull over off the PDF. Feel free to check it out and ask questions if I was not clear.
Randy

Bigg~BirddVA 05-03-2006 09:51 PM

You mean this one?
The Acudraw is about the slickest crossbow gizmo out there. I'm thinking about putting one on my Buckmaster Maxpoint. If you had a template for the Acudraw would it be that hard to put in a stock? I would guess cutting the hole is the hard part.

10ptCrossbow 05-04-2006 07:21 AM

[&o]Yeah, that's the picture. I HATE not being able to do that stuff with my puters!!!!! Drives me nuts. You guys do this stuff and it looks great and I try 10 times and it won't work[:@][:@][:@][:@]

Anyway, you can see the cams on the outside as well as the post that guides down the center of the barrel.

Thanks for the pic BB.

Randy

awshucks 05-04-2006 08:49 AM

I can see how that would be real consistent now. Randy: Whats the little gizmo under the horseshoe in your first pict? It appears to be on the back of receiver in cocking picture. Do any 10 pt models have groove in stock for rope cockers?