Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Made my own ATV Xbow holder today >

Made my own ATV Xbow holder today

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Made my own ATV Xbow holder today

Old 05-01-2006, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Made my own ATV Xbow holder today

Thanks to everyone that responded to the question, "what do you guys think?" I didn't think I'd get this good of reviews men, but thanks a ton. One of you asked, how is it (the Xbow) held down? Well, I purposilly made the opening in the uprights tight with weather stripping under the clear rubber padding so the Xbow has to be pushed down into the uprights and likewise, pulled out with some real effort. I don't ride wildly or over big rocks so it won't bounch out I don't think. But after some use, it may become loosened up and I'll add a small cover plate over the top of the uprights to eliminate ejecting the Xbow into the wild blue yonder! LOL.
Thanks again guys,
BuddyBo
Old 05-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Dominant Buck

A bungie or two would more than secure the xbow to such a well designed holder , so would adding crossover straps to the tops of the uprights . Nice job .
Old 05-02-2006, 09:43 AM
Typical Buck

Very nice indeed you need to get apatent for it either make and sell them yourself or sell the to a manufacture ,, I woud try to keep the patent right and try to get a share of the profits if a manufacture is interested..
better get a patent quick before someone ealse steals the ideal,, now that others can see how you made it .. someone might steal your design..
Old 05-05-2006, 02:46 PM

Very nice!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

BuddyBo,,,,, Do you have any plans. That is the best design I've seen yet and would like to make one for my Griz.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

BuddyBo,,,, Is that a Stealth you've got on that Honda?
Old 05-06-2006, 05:03 PM

well Buddy ; when you do sell them,don't forget I get a comission on each one.[][][]

very nice, the one I made was a proto type so I could change things and then make the finished one.it worked so good I never finished making another one.yours looks much better than mine.[&o]
Old 05-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks again guys. You made my day responding. No Tree climber, I have no plans to sell the crossbow holder. There are too many different kinds of Xbows on the market and making a holder to fit each kind would be huge and with all the different makes of ATV's as well. Maybe one day Xbows will be in larger numbers and a market will develope for it, but I feel the time is not yet.
Moxie 1884. The stealth you mentioned, are you talking about the silencer muffler? Yes it's a super quieter downer for my ATV and I bought it at the Greensboro Gun and Knife show a short while ago. Also you asked about any plans I have on the Xbow holder. Yes, if you will pm me with your email addy, I'll draw up a quick blue print with some pics and instructions and shoot them to your email. Thanks for asking.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

I've used a stealth for about 4 years now and it makes a big difference in how my machines sound. My Kodiak 400, all I can hear is a thump thump thump of the cylinder. My Grizzly is a little different but so much quietier.