Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

3-D Results

Old 04-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 3-D Results

Knocked em dead at the shoot!! Too bad I had the only Xbow. Turned a lot of people onto them, nothing but smiles and "where can I get one" type questions. This was a very informal match held by a trad club. You went around the course twice, shooting from two different stakes. Best possible score for twenty shots was 175. [350 total] I got a 167 from far stake, and a 171 from closer one. I'm real happy w/ that! Even happier w/ the fact that there were about 30 trad shooters there, and didn't hear ONE negative comment about Xbows. My buddy and I spent an hour cocking and loading my two Excals for all to shoot. They loved it!
Old 04-23-2006, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 3-D Results

Way to go Dan.... glad to hear it went well,, thats the kind or reception I have had with my xbow is that they wanted to check it out.. glad you were there to tell them about xbows and maybe dispell some of the myths about them.. sounds like you had a good time,, you gona be doing more 3D shoots now?
Old 04-23-2006, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Htoler: I would really like to get into 3-D, but in 6 months, this one was all I could find near me, and it was $75 in gas round trip. I had a great time, but,.... no competition w/ me having only xbow. I'd rather pay more in gas, ect. to find a xbow 3-D. It was fun, but once was enough for the money. And, it was so informal, you couldn't see the scoring rings on the targets. And, they didn't score "12's". on some of the targets, my buddy shot first, and then when he retrieved his arrow, he would put his finger on the center of the 12 ring, cause he knew I was really serious about scoring as high as I could. When we got done, I was offered a plaque that seemed to be coveted by the trad crowd for best score that match. After that, you get a little brass thingy for each match you win to add to it. I refused it on the grounds that the playing field wasn't level, since I had a scope, ect. against instinct long bow shooters. I'm not fond of being a big frog in a small pond, LOL. I used to go to m/l competitions every Sunday in Illinois til I lost my rt shoulder, but can hold the Phoenix all right since it's alot lighter than 10 lb m/l.
Old 04-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Dan, thats awsome Buddy, just awsome!!!! Not only did you win but you didn't rub it in their face. You are the man I thought you were just like we PMed back and forth. Dan, your a gentleman to boot! Happy to have made your aquintance man.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats and i am glad y'all enjoyed the event. The gas cost is terriffic even with a gas miser car.[8D]