HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 3-D Results
Thread: 3-D Results
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 06:00 PM
awshucks
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3-D Results

Htoler: I would really like to get into 3-D, but in 6 months, this one was all I could find near me, and it was $75 in gas round trip. I had a great time, but,.... no competition w/ me having only xbow. I'd rather pay more in gas, ect. to find a xbow 3-D. It was fun, but once was enough for the money. And, it was so informal, you couldn't see the scoring rings on the targets. And, they didn't score "12's". on some of the targets, my buddy shot first, and then when he retrieved his arrow, he would put his finger on the center of the 12 ring, cause he knew I was really serious about scoring as high as I could. When we got done, I was offered a plaque that seemed to be coveted by the trad crowd for best score that match. After that, you get a little brass thingy for each match you win to add to it. I refused it on the grounds that the playing field wasn't level, since I had a scope, ect. against instinct long bow shooters. I'm not fond of being a big frog in a small pond, LOL. I used to go to m/l competitions every Sunday in Illinois til I lost my rt shoulder, but can hold the Phoenix all right since it's alot lighter than 10 lb m/l.