Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Bow String is coming un-raveled on brand new Horton >

Bow String is coming un-raveled on brand new Horton

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Bow String is coming un-raveled on brand new Horton

Old 02-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bow String is coming un-raveled on brand new Horton

This sucks

I just shot my Horton Explorer TR175 for the first time and the bow string is coming un-raveled. It took four arrows to sight it in which I was very impressed with. The fifth arrow split the fourth arrow at thirty yards but my excitement was shot to hell and back when I went to load another arrow and noticed that the string was coming un-raveled.

I can’t believe I already have to have it replaced. The Sportsman’s Guide store which is where I ordered it from said to ship it back and they would be happy to replace it but now I’m kind of scratching my head wondering if I shouldn’t go with another brand. I’m guessing this is a fluke because from what I’ve read here and everywhere else, the Horton is a good crossbow. What a bummer.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bow String is coming un-raveled on brand new Horton

Holly crap!

I just went to the Horton Mfg web site to call their customer service department to ask some basic questions and this is what I found.

There's a recall on this bow. It says to not even shoot this thing to avoid serious injury. I wish I would have seen that before I ordered one.
Old 02-18-2006, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

Calm down Green Pea. They will replace the bow with a better model for sure. Horton is a very reliable company and they won't let you down. Everyone makes mistakes, at least they are recalling this model to make things right. You'll get a better bow out of it man.
BuddyBo
Old 02-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Spike

I have legend xl 175 It was recalled i sent it and had back in a week
and they sent three arrows back with the bowfor my trouble.
Old 02-18-2006, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

I'm calm just a little frustrated. I was pumped when I split an arrow after only a few shots but like I said, it was a big let down when I walked back to the bow and saw the string. I wanted to shoot all day if you know what I mean.

I know they're a fantastic bow maker and they'll make it right. I'm dying to squeeze a few more off. I will say this, the fact that you can sight that thing in to where it will split an arrow at thirty yards within a few shots is pretty impressive. My hats off to them.
Old 02-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Your right Green Pea that sucks. I use a flemish string on my xbow. That cannot happen. Ya must be bugged real bad! Is it the string? If it is can you get a better string from them or a custom string from elsewhere?
Old 02-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Fork Horn

DNK

I'm not real sure why it's coming un-raveled. I have to wait till tommorrow when their customer service department opens to find out what I need to do. I'm guessing they will have me send it to them and just replace it.

I tell you what, shooting crossbows is a blast. This will be my first year hunting and I can't wait till the Fall gets here.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:32 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I agree Green Pea! I've shot xbows since 2002 and just love shooting my bow. When its off-season I go throught the most bolts. Not on targets but on the stupid things I shoot, like a car I had in the shop that I was scrapping. Just had to shoot it! Then there was a 45 gallon drum. LOL
Old 02-19-2006, 08:41 PM

Sad to hear ya say that. On my first horton I shot it several years before replacing the string and the only reason i did it was out of fear for failing in the feild and pressure from another hunter that said it should be done. Never had a problem with the original string but the replacement string gave me fits. I assume you are talking about the serving on the string it's on the center three inches and the on the ends too. My serving came undone twice on the replacment string but I just took it back and they redid it for free and the third time was a charm. Also did they say what the recall was about? hope you get it fixed soon and you will be happy with that nock buster.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

Here is one pic

Quick Reply: Bow String is coming un-raveled on brand new Horton

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.