Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Bow String is coming un-raveled on brand new Horton >

Bow String is coming un-raveled on brand new Horton

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Bow String is coming un-raveled on brand new Horton

Old 02-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bow String is coming un-raveled on brand new Horton

Here is the other pic

Old 02-20-2006, 07:07 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Let us know what happens Green Pea. Hey wasn't the portion of the string that contacts the cam grove served?
Old 02-20-2006, 08:08 AM

That looks like that sucks!! I know mine has serving that wraps up past the ends and goes around the cam so the actual string never contacts the cam. Looks like your serving is missing, I wonder if thats part of the recall?
Old 02-20-2006, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

I faced the same problem with my string on my pse copperhead crossbow string.

Old 02-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Holly Molly! I'd be afraid to shoot that too Green Pea. LOL. If that string breaks, it'd be like a weed eater loose in your fruit of the looms. WOW
Old 02-20-2006, 08:20 PM
Fork Horn

What really sucks is I can't get the bow off of the stock to send it back. I just came from a Pro Shop and they couldn't get it off either. It won't fit in the box it came in so now I'm going to have to buy a large box and pay even more just to ship it back.

The whole thing has become frustrating and I'm to the point that I don't even want it. I'm have a feeling that the Sportmans Guide store where I bought it will want it back in the original box to refund my money and that's not possible. If I send the whole thing back to Horton, how are they going to refund my money. I didn't buy it from them. Either way I'm out a large shipping and handleing fee.

While I was at the Pro Shop I saw a nice Hoyt Turbotec that caught my eye. Maybee I'll just forget the whole crossbow thing and buy one of those. At least I could get it serviced close by.

The best thing of all that has come out of this is while I was at the Pro Shop I met a guy there that teaches young kids how to shoot through the 4H Club. I signed my two oldest boys up ages 8 and 12 for Thurdsday nights. At the end of the program later this summer they will get to shootin the 4H youth program at the Clark County Fair.There all excited and for me, that's what it's all about.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Green Pea, don't give up xbows buddy. If you want a crossbow that you will probably have little to no problems check out excalibur. There's not much to them and their accuracy is awsome. I wouldn't normally push any kind of bow but you seem pretty exasburated. Talk to the guys on the excalibur forum to see how many problems they have. Excaliburs aren't with out any minus points. They are pretty wide but their customer service is pretty amazing to the original owner (if you ever have a problem). Some times you can buy one from one of the guys on the forum. I hope you get things settled to your satisfaction, don't give up man.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

hmm i was just thinking about ordering the same bow myself. I want to get a new one as the horton supermag i have doesn't have the dial a range and 230fps just doesnt cut it anymore. I might still buy the bow and take it to a shop as soon as i get it and get a new string put on it. What do you all think?
Old 02-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

deerslayer, I really like tht KISS principle so wheels aren't my thing. No wheels = less strings and its not like you can't get speed without wheels. You can get more speed than you need with just limbs. Ofcourse wheels make for a narrow xbow.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

The Sportsman’s Guide fixed me up. They are sending me a new combo and are having UPS come to my house to get the other one. Their covering the shipping and handling both ways.

Now that’s good customer service.

Quick Reply: Bow String is coming un-raveled on brand new Horton

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.