Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Camping Gear
 Pop-up Camper Question >

Pop-up Camper Question

Community
Camping Gear From tents to sleeping bags to grills, you will find all of your camping needs here.

Pop-up Camper Question

Old 10-07-2007, 05:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default Pop-up Camper Question

Has anyone hunted out of a pop-up in cold weather? Can you get or keep them warm? I want to downsize to a camper that I can handle by myself and pull easily.

Thanks,
Jim
Old 10-07-2007, 05:48 PM

Default RE: Pop-up Camper Question

hi jim,yes popups are pretty easy to heat,as long as your sides are pretty wind proof,i hunt out of one every year,and i use only my propane heater that was built in the trailer,and it keeps it pretty toasty,sometimes to toasty.and they are to me alot easier to get into the woods then a full camper,you dont have to worry bout things getting ripped of the top by tree limbs.since they sit lower than the vechicle pulling it.i will never go to a different type of camper for hunting. take care bob
Old 10-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lots of folks add some insulation to the inside of their popups in cold weather. You can buy this stuff in rolls ... it looks like bubble wrap between two sheets of aluminum foil. Cut it to size and zip it into the windows to keep the cold out.

An electric matress warmer or electric blanket might help too. I have a 12 volt matress warmer. It just runs on the battery, so I don't even need to be hooked up to use it.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

My sides are canvas and it helps in cold weather if you can to keep them up. I had to put a tarp on top of mine. It is not very water proof. Not made to set outside. Mine is a trail-lite or travel-lite.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Parrot Head

My sides are canvas and it helps in cold weather if you can to keep them up. I had to put a tarp on top of mine. It is not very water proof. Not made to set outside. Mine is a trail-lite or travel-lite.
Your camper is not made to be outside?!?!