Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Vacuum Sealer Recommendation?

Old 08-10-2022, 07:47 AM
Spike

Default Vacuum Sealer Recommendation?

I am looking into purchasing a new vacuum sealer, for my venison, this upcoming season. I would appreciate any recommendations or tips while searching (I haven't bought one in so long).
I have been using the Weston Professional Advantage Vacuum sealer, I really like it, but it's time for a new sealer.
I gift my protein to the elders in my community during the holiday season. I have been sealing them in FoodVacBags and I really like them, the black and clear bags are a nice look for a gift.
My sons are flying in for the season for the first time in five years, so there will be a surplus of meat and mass sealing.
I am a pretty brand loyal guy, which is why I have stuck with FoodVacBags and have had quality results with them. So, my sealer would have to be compatible with these bags.
I would like to stick with Weston for sealing, but my wife insists that I "shop around" and is asking for something that is "aesthetic pleasing" if I'm going to be sealing in the kitchen. My Weston is stainless steel, and she really likes that.
I am thankful for your time and any feedback. Have a blessed day.

-James
Old 08-10-2022, 10:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't know if you would be interested in this but I use Asiana Candy vacuum bags. They are heavy duty zip lock and reusable and have a flat one way valve on them that you use a hand vacuum pump on to draw out the air. I use them to cook Sous Vide and they draw out every bit as mush air as an electric vacuum pump. I also use them to vacuum pack my game and fish. It may take a little longer but the end result is just as good. They also sell hand held small battery operated vacuum pumps for these bags.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:42 PM
Spike

I'm also using the Weston Professional Advantage Vacuum sealer, really powerful and durable. Loyal with that