Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Liverwurst

Old 04-24-2018, 06:09 AM
Fork Horn

Default Liverwurst

I went and made the Liverwurst recipe I posted in the Heart thread about making. 1 Heart, 1 liver, 2# deer meat and 2# of Pig fat.
Read about it all here.

Old 04-24-2018, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

I read the details a bit, nice. I tried to find a processor to make some from the bison liver I had a few months back, never could find someone up here to make it....my favorite is with a good sourdough rye and sharp cheddar and a good flavorful mustard, enjoy your bounty.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:32 AM
Fork Horn

Yea, processors only make what "they" want too. I quit using them and started self processing.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:17 AM
Spike

Super detailed article. Well done and thank you. Definitely going to give this a try as well. The liver usually ends up in a sour sauce recipe in our house (or just fried with unions) but this looks like a great alternative way of preserving it. Ready to cook.