Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Camp Cooking and Game Processing
Looking for some deer burger recipes >

Looking for some deer burger recipes

Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Looking for some deer burger recipes

Old 08-27-2014, 11:50 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Looking for some deer burger recipes

The only one I know is where you knead egg, bread, bell pepper , onion , salt, pepper and basel and make an oval hamburger...called hamburger Steak..taste great...

What are some other things I can make. I don't want to mix any beef burger w/ my burger..I want to keep it straight.(-;
Old 08-27-2014, 12:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I love venison, I do not like burgers or meat loaf made with venison burger for some reason. However, ground venison makes the best chili hands down as far as I am concerned and that is what I use it for. I have had people tell me it was the best chili they have ever eaten.
Old 08-27-2014, 01:47 PM
Dominant Buck

We will give that a try..thanks
Old 08-27-2014, 04:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can also try tacos or sloppy joes
Old 08-28-2014, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

X2 on the taco and sloppy joe. We love the burger done with 50% venison 25% ground pork, and 25% bacon ends and pieces all ground together then stuffed in meat bags. My son ben likes 70/30 with just bacon ends and pieces.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Meatloaf, tacos, hamburger helper , chilli , egg rolls , cheese dip.

Everybody loves the cheese dip.
Ground deer,Velveeta cheese, smooth taco sauce , seasoning of your choice in a crock pot.

You can also not grind it and make Italian venison (Italian beef with deer instead) vegetable soup/beef stew with deer instead of beef etc.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

Another thing we do often with regular burger (it should work with ground venison) is to get one of those disposable aluminum pan and dump in a large jar of BBQ sauce (any brand works). The a large jar of jalapeno pieces (juice and all) and chop and onion and add it. The a can of beer or two to thin it out a little. Set the pan and contents on the grill until it starts to bubble. Then we place large pretty thick hamburger patties in there and let them sit. No need to turn them or anything. Usually we let them sit for a half hour or so in the simmering sauce. Take one out, put a piece of cheese on it and some of the peppers and onions if you like.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've never found a recipe that calls for burger that didn't turn out well with venison. I make more than half of all the venison i butcher for me and the wife into burger or sausage. My wife makes a venison meatloaf that would cause most people to sell their first born for.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Lately I've been making Italian Sausage with it, adding ground pork. You can use just ground venison and add fat replacer sold by TheSauageMaker. I believe all it is is powdered oats . you add 1-1 ratio of fat replacer with water.
http://www.sausagemaker.com/search.a...d=fat+replacer
Old 10-31-2014, 03:43 AM
Spike

Yeah, I love some ground venison in any recipe that you would use beef in, but deer burger is an art form. I guess it really starts w how your deer is processed. If you or your guy knows what he's doing, you'll get a good meat/fat ratio and it will make a good burger and not be too firm. That's an issue that you'll have often is that the patty is too firm when cooked. Over cooking will do this. I grill mine medium. My processor will mix ground bacon w the deer grind, and its awesome. Also like mentioned, if you buy ground pork and add a lil of that to the meat, it will make a better burger. I dont use any fillers like bread crumbs or oats, and I only season the outside of the patty. IF you ease the meat into a patty instead of slapping it out a lot, it will make it more tender....you have to be careful not to break it on the grill though. I use something simple. Salt/fresh cracked pepper/garlic powder/onion powder. Sometimes I put Montreal Steak seasoning on my burgers, and that is pretty awesome too. So the trick to the perfect deer burger is proper meat/fat mixture.....not slapping it into a patty too much.....and not over cooking. You do all three of those methods, you cant go wrong!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.