Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

Getting my buddies wasted?

Old 08-07-2003, 02:19 PM

Default Getting my buddies wasted?

I share a lease with 13 other hunters in Central Texas. Only about 4 of us are what I would consider " hard core" hunters. The rest of the group enjoys the camp and the experience and much as hunting the deer.
Every year most of the hunters do way to much indulging on opening weekend and they end up missing the hunts due to hangovers. Knowing this, I always bring up a bunch of good booze to the camp and make drinks for the folks (and they wonder why I always shoot a bigger buck than them!) Anyway, I am looking for some good hunting camp drinks for the new season. Anyone have any?
Old 08-07-2003, 10:49 PM

Default RE: Getting my buddies wasted?

Yeah i always have a ice chest full of mt dew!

Nay i like a bud light before bed time and sometimes a screwdriver. stopped drinking heavy cause the hang overs hurt more than they used to!
Old 08-08-2003, 07:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Amen on that soarkrebel.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:18 AM

Corn bread and iced tea and all that for me. I' m much too young to feel this damn old. I guess if I were to make drinks though I' d go for an Old Fashioned or Brandy drinks. Good whiskey etc. I like the simple stuff. I don' t go for the fancy drinks although some of the names are better. I.e. Sex on the Beach. Bent over the hood of a Corvette. you know what I' m saying.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cyanide Koolaid One part of the frozen juice concentrate you buy in the stores (tropical-my fav) and one part everclear. This is my favortie backpacking mixture. You can' t taste any of the everclear, but it catches up to you really quick. good possibilty of getting your favorite stand the whole weekend
Old 08-10-2003, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you access to a freezer try Southern Comfort ice cold I mean ICE COLD. So cold that it pores out like syrup. We had shooters of Southern Comfort one cold Canadian winter night sitting in front of fire...Boy was it good [>:]
Old 08-27-2003, 12:07 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-27-2003, 09:31 PM

lmao, REAL men dont drink foo foo drinks or drinks that have " colors" to em!

Any beer is fine as long as its ICY COLD! As for the drinks to " hammer they arses and knock em out with" stick with the basics... Jack Daniels, Jim Beam, Old Charter, and a REALLY good " liquid of the God' s" is Knob Creek!

If they just insist on " mixed drinks" then good ole Screwdrivers, Martini' s or xxxx n Coke, is the way to go. Tell them to leave the lil umbrellas at the gay bars!

BUT, if you REALLY wanna hurt em. Wait til everyone is " comfortably drunk" and start servin mandatory " victory laps" . Thats where you take a bottle of ICE (Pepermint Schnaaps) and EVERYONE must take a shot as the bottle is passed around. Might even warm em up with " hot laps" , instead of ICE try " Hot Damn" (cinamon schnaaps) for appx 4-5 laps before getting on with the victory laps.

Just remember if you arent good at fakin shots, to take 4 Advil BEFORE you start drinkin. It wont do anything for that " whiskey stomach" the next day but I can PROMISE you that it prevents the next day headaches and THAT is what always bothered me more than anything.

lmao, you know your party was a " success" when by the next morning the guys are still so drunk that at least one of them has a 4wheeler wreck on the way to the stand...

And they say " deercamp" is boring!
RA
Old 08-28-2003, 08:52 PM

Shots of Ice cold Jagermeister (kept in the freezer...it does not freeze) followed fast by a shot of Sprite or 7-up. When you drink it like that, the taste of the Jager just evaporates from your tongue....so you don' t realize how much you' re drinking until it' s too late. Seems a shame to waste the taste of Jager, but it' s a great way to get people drunk. [X(]

Of course, a good drinking game always works too....shame them into drinking! Nothing knocks you on your ass faster than shots of whiskey (not that a lady like myself knows anything about that.....)
Old 09-23-2003, 07:46 AM

we went this weekend on a hunting trip, camped for three days. The guys there drank Coors Light. One got so drunk he couldn' t hunt the next morning. LOL
I usually only drink a few, helps me sleep a little better since the ground is so hard.

Quick Reply: Getting my buddies wasted?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.