Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

duck recipe anbody??

Old 01-02-2009, 02:36 PM

Default duck recipe anbody??

Anybody have a good quick and easy recipe for duck?
Old 01-02-2009, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: duck recipe anbody??

Just scroll back a few pages on here and you`ll find lots of recipes.

Ron
Old 01-02-2009, 04:59 PM

I figured I'd get a quick reply from BigGuy01!!Lol Just joking, anyway I just got into duck hunting with some guy's and we got some ducks and some geese the other day. I have never cooked duck and have only had it once so I don't really know much about cooking them. Thank's though, I'll try and do a search on here.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Typical Buck

Charcoal Broiled Duck Breasts

4 med Duck breast filets
4 slice Bacon
2 Beef bouilllon cubes
1 cup Water
1 TBS Red Current jelly
1/2 tsp Dry mustard
1 TBS Sherry
1 TBS Brandy
1/8 tsp Marjoram
1/8 tsp Oregano
Grated rind of 1 orange

Rinse the duck breasts and pat dry, then wrap each filet with a slice of bacon (same as for a filet mignon) and season with salt and pepper to taste. Grill over hot coals for exactly 2 minutes per side.
Dissolve the bouillon cubes in water in a chaffing dish or electric skillet, and stir in the jelly, mustard, sherry, brandy, and spices, simmering `til thickened. Stir in the orange rind and add the filets.
Cook for 5 min. or `til med rare, basting constantly

I would have answered quicker but I have been on the road. I am now in Fla for the next 3 months. I had a little trouble setting up my internet due to a bad phone jack. all is good now.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

Bone breasts, Quick brown in frying pan. Add one big can of purple canned plums. Simmer for about 2 hrs.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Typical Buck

Take the boned duck breast soak in half cup of coke, and 3 or 4 tbl. spoons of soy sauce. Then grill to med. rare, just like any good steak.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:44 PM

My favorate way is to cube the breasts into 1" x 2" pieces, season with garlic salt and pepper, place a small piece of pineappel on breast, wrap with bacon and place in broiler until bacon is done..... mmmmm good!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whole Duck (duck breast recipe below)
Rinse the duck inside and out. Remove any feathers and/or down. Dry the duck, inside and out, with a paper towel or other towel. Salt and pepper the inside and outside of the duck. Lay half strips of bacon over the breast -- aligned neck-end to tail-end -- and tie in place with kitchen string. Place inside a heavy casserole with the breast side up. Cover the casserole. Roast covered in a 350 degree oven for from 45 minutes (tiny ducks such as green winged teal) to about 60 minutes (large ducks such as mallards). You can put some water in the casserole if you want. You can put the ducks on a bed of vegetables if you want. But these last two devices are likely unnecessary refinements. Remove the string. Carve the roasted duck. Serve. I followed this approach a week ago and served to my immediate family and my sisters in Illinois. This was liked very well by all, and was judged uniformly to be better than the domestic duck that was cooked at the same time and served side-by-side with my wild duck.

Duck Breast
Salt and pepper the duck breast well. Saute in butter for about 4 minutes per side for a mallard duck breast. Adapt your cooking times as needed. Pink meat is OK. Bloody meat needs to cook longer. Avoid excess cooking or the duck will have the agreeable texture of the sole of your shoe!!! Place the cooked breasts on a warm platter, cover with aluminum foil, place in a warm oven to keep warm (don't have the oven on the heat cycle -- pre-heat to barely warm and then turn off the heat). Meanwhile, saute about 1/4 cup of minced red onionin the remaining butter for about a minute, just long enough to heat the onionthrough well and releaseits flavor. Add 1/4 cup bourbon whisky and a tablespoon of brown sugar. Boil down to about 3 TB of liquid. !!! Be careful with the whisky!!! The considerable alcohol contained by the whisky will boil off and is very inflamable! Some things that can happen if you are careless is if you shake the pan around, whisky may slop out onto the stovetop and be ignited by an open flame. If you are aware of the danger and exercise a modicum of care, all should be well. It is not nitroglycerin. Add 1/4 cup to 1/2 cupwhipping cream or heavy cream (not sweet). Boil until it reaches the thickness you prefer. Serve the duck breasts with the sauce in a separate bowl. This is very good.
Old 01-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Duck gumbo or duck sauce piquante
Old 01-28-2009, 04:52 AM

breast it out and put it in the smoker with hickory chips.

Quick Reply: duck recipe anbody??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.