Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Camp Cooking and Game Processing
 easy stuff to make from venison >

easy stuff to make from venison

Community
Camp Cooking and Game Processing Trade recipes and other tricks of the trade for cooking wild game.

easy stuff to make from venison

Old 11-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: easy stuff to make from venison

Chili

1-2 lbs grind
16 oz tomato paste
16 oz diced tomatos
16 oz pinto beans
16 oz kidney beans
4 oz dice jalepenos (can)
1 chopped onion
1 or 2 beef bullion cubes
paprika, chili powder, garlic to taste.

Cook meat, put all ingredients in crock pot, add enough water to cover everything, and cook on low for 4-8 hours.

Old 11-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Spike

another good/easy one is deer steak or cubes in the crockpot with a cut up onion,2 cans cream of mushroom soup,whatever seasonings you like and let it cook all day. serve with instant potatoes or rice
Old 11-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

Sloppy joes are great too! Just get a can of sloppy joe mix and a pack of buns and you're in business.
At our house we call them "sloppy does"
Old 11-10-2006, 09:36 PM

One of my favorite recipes is Tater Tot Casserole. It can be made with anything--chicken, ground beef, or anything else you've got, like Bambi-burger.

Per pound of cookedmeat, have a pound of tater tots and a can of cream of mushroom soup (I usually make a batch of two of the above). Kinda blendeverything in a casserole dish, bake at 350 for an hour, then eat. If you want to get fancy, melt some cheddar cheese over it as you serve it.

Good cold-weather food, I guarantee it.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:15 PM

Got a very good goulash recipee. Send me a personal message if you want the recipee
marco
Old 11-11-2006, 07:04 AM
Spike

Another vote for Tater Tot Casserole. A winter staple.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:35 PM

Iam making tater tot casserole now. I want to see how this is going to taste! Thanks guys!
Old 11-11-2006, 02:13 PM

ORIGINAL: moosehunter21

Iam making tater tot casserole now. I want to see how this is going to taste! Thanks guys!
Good luck! And don't thank me; thank my mom. She taught me the recipe, many years ago.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:24 PM

Melly's BBQ

Recipe I use with a chuck roast, could be adapted to venison:

2 onions, minced
meat
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
2 bottles of Goya ginger beer (no substitution allowed. Can find it in the Hispanic section of your grocery.)
1 bottle of Heinz ketchup (no subs allowed.)

Rub meat with seasonings of choice. I use garlic powder, coriander, dehydrated lime, smoked salt and a little bit of tenderizer.
Place the meat in the pan on top of the onions and garlic. Sear in oven at 400* for 10minutes, then turn down to 325*. Pour the ginger beer and ketchup over it all. Cook low and slow until the sauce comes together and the meat falls apart. Baste periodically.
Old 11-19-2006, 05:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

I like making hot dynamites, I use a lot of eggs,red pepper, stuffing mix, ground venison,spaggetti sauce, and hamburgerbuns or hoggie rolls. I mix the red pepper, stuffing mix and ground venison together and add eggs if needed to keep the mixture together and roll into small logs. ( some make patties ) Then put them on a cookie sheet and cook in oven. I make spaggetti sauce and then put the dynamites it to suace and simmer. When all is done I place in rolls topped with sauce and sprinkle with cheese if desired.

Quick Reply: easy stuff to make from venison

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.