Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what to do

Old 05-05-2005, 04:48 PM

Default what to do

If you had a choice of hunting caribou in canada or an elk hunt which would you pick. The caribou would be gun and elk would be bow. The elk hunt would be one of the cheaper ones I could find but and elk hunt is an elk hunt. thanks for all...............Mitch
Old 05-05-2005, 05:17 PM

Default RE: what to do

Do I have to pick just one??? Well, I guess I would go for the elk hunt. I want to shoot an elk with my bow so badly I can't stand it. You know, it don't even have to have horns, I just want one!!!
Old 05-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

i would love to do either. all i've hunted is deer, turkey, and hog. but right at the momment i'm not that proficient with my bow. so at the present momment i would choose the caribou. if i had time to get used to my new bow i would pick the elk.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

I would also have also have to say a Elk Hunt. Never hunted Elk or Caribou or any big game for that matter lol. This will be my first year going on a white-tail hunt but i would love to do an Elk hunt.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:40 PM

I got the green light from the wife for the caribou, but being greedy and all I was trying to think of a way to sway it to an elk hunt. The elk would cost more money and all. For those that have done either hunt, what to do?
Old 05-05-2005, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I had to choose I would go with the elk hunt. That is just my personal preferance.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Typical Buck

elk, hands down. I just don't have too much want to hunt caribou. elk to me are like giant whitetail. always wanted to hunt them.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:53 AM
Dominant Buck

For me, Id do the carabo. Just because I have a better chance at going on an elk hunt, but a carabo hunt is rather far out there for me.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:01 AM

Elk by bow!!!!!!!!!!!!! caribou hunting is gay you walk up to em and shoot em or you sit 500 yards away and watch 40 0r 50 go by and shoot the one you want to me its like hunting cows. I enjoy Elk hunting by bow far more well I wont even consider a caribou hunt.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:08 AM

I'd have to take the bowhunting on elk. Much better scenery on an elk hunt also.

What state would you hunt elk in??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.