Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Midwest Weather

Old 04-24-2005, 09:08 PM

Default Midwest Weather

How are my fellow midwesterns liking this weather? We hit 80 degrees Tuesday and Wednesday; Then a foot of snow Saturday and Sunday. I won't soon forget this Spring, that has to be the craziest weather swing I've ever seen in my life.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Midwest Weather

COOOOOOOOOOOOOLD[&:] lol and windy. not very good turkey hunting weather IMO
Old 04-24-2005, 09:34 PM

Went from 20 degrees over normal to 20 degrees colder than normal in 24 hours here. At least we finally got some rain but I could deal with not having 45 as a high. Don't need the 80's either but mid 60's would be nice... Seasonal would be very nice..
Old 04-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah it was real warm over last weekend through midweek but then it turned real cold and REALLY WINDY!! It does look like it should warm up a little come the weekend though. Hopefully I can get back out a got on some turkeys again!
Old 04-25-2005, 08:36 AM

Suck it up. Just think of the adden Nitrogen in your food plots as a result of the snow. In the North East we ended up getting a good soaking rain after 16 straight days without precipitation. My clover plot has never looked so green. Just keep sending the moisture our way
Old 04-25-2005, 09:06 AM

We need more rain here so that is no problem. In fact today is only 55 or so and it is beautiful. A little windy but that is okay (We are always windy here in spring). Another inch of rain would be most welcomehere considering we have only gotten something like 1.5 inches since March 1st and that is a bit dry for my patures. Need to get some food plot seed oredered for late summer/ fall feed. The millet will work great for the birds but need something for the deer in a better location.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:26 AM
Typical Buck

I've been in Texas for the past week for a National Collegiate Trap & Skeet shoot, but my mom had called me saying they had a cold front move through and it was about 45 degrees. While coming back this morning, I was about 30 minutes south of Carbondale on I-57 and it was 36 degrees at 6:30 am......couldn't believe how cold it was for this time of year!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 05:12 AM
Typical Buck

GPS&Fords,I was camping at Rend this last weekend and turkey hunting at my uncs in maccedonia,thursday it was 85 deg and about nine pm a nasty storm came through,it was a terrible weekend of camping and turkey hunting at least I got to visit family.I was hoping to harvest a Turkey with my bow.Also found some morrelsAlso forgot to say the temp got below freezing by sunday,and the tent almopst blew into the lake[:@]