Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Midwest Rut

Old 10-31-2006, 11:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default Midwest Rut

Lets talk rut. What are you seeing so far? Also when you post make sure that you let people know at least what state your from. This can help us all.
Im in nw Illinois- Seen 8pt following doe from a distance, not chasing but there was some type of intrest.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Midwest Rut

I am not hunting until Thursday night through the weekend, I have the perfect rut stand, so hopefully it will kick in big time very soon. Should be a good weeked.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Typical Buck

A co-worker of mine had 3 buck fighting under his stand last weekend and saw a few spikes chasing does (Craig County, OK). The little guys are chasing and I think with this cool weather coming in the big guys should start soon.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt northern WI and while I have seen some bucks roaming and definitly on a mission, I am certain they weren't chasing yet. Anytime nowthough. Lots of scrapes and rubs.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:48 PM

The rut is starting pretty quick here in east central illinois. This moring as I was getting in my truck to leave I noticed a doe about 120 yards in front of me along the back edge of a field. Seconds later a nice 12 point came out with his nose to the ground and I watched him chase her all over that field for probably 10 minutes or more. The bucks are rutting, and I also found a nice scrape line inside the woods consisting of about 7 or 8 scrapes roughly 200 yards north of my stand. I was scouting on my way out because I haven't seen any deer from that stand the last four times I've set there. I think I know where I'll be moving it to.
Old 10-31-2006, 01:58 PM

Just starting in the Northern Lower of Michigan. Seems late this year!
Old 10-31-2006, 03:24 PM

saw a button buck last night it acted likr it had been chased off by mamma, it sat under my stand for 30 min saw nothing else , corn is still up where i hunt ,princeton Ill north of peoria , I have seen lots of does , I guess if I stay with the does I find a buck
Old 10-31-2006, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

In West Central Illinois this past weekend we had alot of small bucks chasing does but no big ones chasing yet. I also rattled in the buck from my other post. I watched some small bucks make scrapes too.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:57 PM

Im from Missouri and 2 weeks ago i saw a little 6 pointer lift up a doe's tail with his nose and check to see if it was time. He was with a group of four other does. I guess he's just waiting on them.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I made a mock scrape last wednesday on my property in Northern Lower Michigan, within 2 days there were 5 scrapes within 50 yards of the Mock Scrape! Lots of young bucks with their noses stuck in the Does crotches!!!! Good luck!

Quick Reply: Midwest Rut

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.