Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

STS system

Old 04-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default STS system

Does anyone here shoot this? How big an impact does it have on quieting things down? I've heard lots of people talk about it on other sites, but not much mention here. And from what I can tell it's just a dampener that stops your string?
Old 04-21-2005, 01:40 PM

Default RE: STS system

There was an very indepth post in the techinal forum that has dropped off the top screen.
Here's the link
http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.as...page=1&key=sts
Old 04-21-2005, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just installed one on my Reflex Grizzly and feel its worth every penny. I now don't need any string leeches or any other silencing device. Excellent product.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:08 AM

I put 1 on my Allegiance and it even helped quiet my bow done. But what I like about it the best is that my grouping have gotten alot tighter since I added this. Well worth the $40 I spent for it.
If you are interested in buying it just go to archerytalk.com and do a search for STSMAN. He is the inventor of this awesome concept. You will not be sorry.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Adams, thanks for that thread I must have missed it.

Thanks for your input guys, I think I am going to have to spring for one of these things.
Old 04-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

sounds and looks like a good product. I am trying to think if my bow will take it. I am not sure of a receptacle on the back side of my bow for such an attatchement. I shoot a hoyt mt sport. I'll have to check, but I am pretty sure it doesn't. anyone know if it attatches anywhere else on the bow? everyone on the archery talk board seems to love it. looks like I'll have to look into it a bit more. It sort of reminds me of what matthews did with their bow with the string stop for lack of a better word.
Old 04-22-2005, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hoyt3

sounds and looks like a good product. I am trying to think if my bow will take it. I am not sure of a receptacle on the back side of my bow for such an attatchement. I shoot a hoyt mt sport. I'll have to check, but I am pretty sure it doesn't. anyone know if it attatches anywhere else on the bow? everyone on the archery talk board seems to love it. looks like I'll have to look into it a bit more. It sort of reminds me of what matthews did with their bow with the string stop for lack of a better word.
Yes sir it works for the Hoyts. They have a front mounted system that uses the stabilizer mounting hole. Check out the link and you'll find pix of Hoyts with the STS.
Old 04-22-2005, 11:41 AM

Now you've done it. I saw the thread going but never really looked into the STS. I have a feeling this is now going to cost me $40.00. I can find very little info about it though. The most I could find in print was on the Archery Experts website. All is says is
There are two models to chose from one that mounts in the rear stabilizer bushing and one that uses a mount and screws into the front stabilizer bushing. Weight is minimal and it takes out alot of string buzz. The string stops in the same place shot after shot and will help tighten the groups up.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am trying to think if my bow will take it.
There is an adapter supplied for front mount bows like hoyt. Just make sure you tell them when ordering.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

thanks for the re's. I didn't have much time to check it out at work. I'll be ordering one soon.

Quick Reply: STS system

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.