Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

STS system

Old 04-27-2005, 08:09 AM

Default RE: STS system

Do a search under STS and you will find over 400 posts on this. Well worth the rpice and you will also see many pros are using this. Joe has a website that is up. Go to stsarchery.com. He just got it started and will be working on it to get more info.

You will find dealers in alot of states plus you can order directly from him. If you have any doubts just call and talk to him or Brigette. They are both great people to talk to and will answer all of your questions honestly. The do not pull strings when it comes to this product. He has worked on this for several years and finally has perfected it beyond anyones expectation.

I

ORIGINAL: adams

Now you've done it. I saw the thread going but never really looked into the STS. I have a feeling this is now going to cost me $40.00. I can find very little info about it though. The most I could find in print was on the Archery Experts website. All is says is
There are two models to chose from one that mounts in the rear stabilizer bushing and one that uses a mount and screws into the front stabilizer bushing. Weight is minimal and it takes out alot of string buzz. The string stops in the same place shot after shot and will help tighten the groups up.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

He is the inventor of this awesome concept
Please , it looks to be a good product , and I plan on geting at least one to try , but nap , saunders and mathews have been doing close to the identical thing for years . He did modify it to use the stabilizer hole insted of the cabel rod , but the idea is far from original .
Old 04-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was impressed with its performance on two of my setups. I have nothing but good things to say about it. It definitely performed as advertised in my case.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:48 AM

Nope Nope Nope, No where need the same. Joe put alot of time into this and if you have tried all the others you need to try the STS. No comparison at all. You can run it by Joe when you order 1 and see what he says about the concept of the OTHERS.

By far the STS is the best ever put out.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

This is what Im talking about , its been out for a few years . The sts looks to have improved on the original idea , that was someone elses .
Old 04-27-2005, 12:07 PM

I've had it on my bow for a few days now. It definitely reduces shock and vibration to nothing. You also pick up a few fps by taking off string dampeners. I however get a slight "thump" noise when the string hits the simms dampener. No big deal, but I can't honestly say it makes my bow any quieter than string leeches. Having said that, I think it is well worth the $45.

Len in Maryland said in another thread that he has had some tuning issues with it which I do not understand. I don't understand how it can affect tune in any way since the arrow has already left the string by the time the string hits the dampener. Care to elaborate Len???????
Old 04-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Swampdog, here is my take on why it could be effecting the tune of a bow (taken from another thread)-

The only way I could see it affecting the tune is if your set up was previously dialed in to account for any nock point travel that occured past the idle brace height of the bow.

idle brace height of the bow- I'm sure there is a fancy archery term for what I'm trying to say, maybe this will help- (foreward movement of the string during the shot sequence which occurs beyond the measured brace height towards the riser)

If someones bow was tuned to such and then they slapped on an STS, I could see where they may have to make some adjustments.

BUT, Len is far more experienced at bow tuning than I am, so we'll see if he has any further input in the matter.
Old 04-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Swamp Dawg, the arrow does not leave the string until the string hits the stopper. Without the STS the string can travel past vertical, or brace, up to 3 or 4 inches. So the arrow wouldn't leave the string until the string stopped. This extra travel does not provide any benefit to arrow velocity and creates more of an oppurtunity for flaws in form to affect the outcome of the shot. As for tuning problems, I had none, but I'm sure all bows would react differently to the STS.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:59 PM

I'd prefer to keep my comments in the technical section, since that's where I started posting on this subject. So I'll post a link:
http://forum.hunting.net/asppg/tm.asp?m=1043955&mpage=2

Two comments that I will make here are that I'm not against anything new. I'm always trying new things. Some of the difference is that I have the capability of applying things to different set-ups and tend to 'alter' certain criteria to find parameters. In doing this I can determine just how well or bad things actually perform.

Also, to pull a quote from ijimmy: "He did modify it to use the stabilizer hole insted of the cable rod , but the idea is far from original". I disagree with the cable rod usage verses the stabilizer hole usage. It would effectively perform the same with either position because they both connect to the riser. The only difference would be where the Sims device meets the string. This then couples with my comments on the Technical thread where I question exactly where the Sims unit hits the string and how it can affect tune.

As far as "...the idea is far from original", I have to agree. My skepticism arose from this thought. What really makes this unit SO much different from the other designs??? They didn't go very far - WHY??
Old 04-29-2005, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

I have ignored the "STS" posts for quite a while, but after spending a few minutes checking out the product and what others had to say, it looks like it's just a variation of other products already out there...which is not a bad thing. A lot of the great stuff we have today had their "infant" stages in development.

I wouldn't buy this because the string supressors on my Switchback perform in a similar manner...not exactly, but similar. I have some whiskers on my string as well and it's very quiet. If I had a different bow, I would definitely consider this contraption though....doesn't hurt to improve your equipment and performance while in the field.

Quick Reply: STS system

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.