Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

FUNNY STORIES!

Old 04-13-2005, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default FUNNY STORIES!

What is your favorite funny hunting story?

Back in '99 I shot a awesome 6 point bull. The biggest I have gotten to date. I shot him in a spruce covered hillside in Idaho. And the elk had been in there real thick, so the ground was really soft! After cleaning my big bull and loading up our Bull Pacs we headed down the mountain. High on life and not really paying attention I stepped over a pretty big log on my way down the hill. Forgetting that the ground was so soft my left leg sank about a foot or so into the hoof beaten dirt. My knee buckled and the pac threw me off balance sending me down the hill head over heel for about 50 feet.! My friends died with laughter and I learned a valuable lesson.. Thank god I was carying meat and no horns. That is also the reason why I use pillow cases to but the meat in.

So let's here your's!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: FUNNY STORIES!

We..ll once while hunting my brothers property in the shawnee(most of the Illlinois boys know where)I felt the sudden urge to use the outside facillities,and not the easy way of just whipping it out.Anyhow with my butt hanging out over a fallen tree I pulled out my pocket knife and started to skin an apple while I did my business.Anyway my younger brother snuck up on me and scarred even more of that stuff out of me[],asked "what the hell I was doing" I told him that I was peeling an appleWe have joked about this for many years now,and he tells every one[:@]
Old 04-13-2005, 09:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

One day I was turkey hunting, and driving between two hunting spots, when I felt nature calling.

So, I wasn't quite to my hunting ground yet when I couldn't hold it any more. I whipped off into the gamelands parking lot and sprinted out into the woods where I promptly dropped my drawers and went at it.

So, the genius that I am, I thought that would be a good time to multi-task and tune my aluminum slate call. So, I scuffed it up real nice and started clucking and purring with it, a little yelp here and there. Boy it sounded s-e-x-y.

All at once, a thunderous gobble lets loose about 50 yards away, and there I sit, pants at my ankles with my gun in the car. I'll tell you what, I had sweat beads on my forehead as I was in a mad scramble to pinch it off and make a dash to the car for the gun.

Apparently, I poop too slow, because after a couple seconds, this monster Tom comes strutting up over the bank about 25 yards away. Needless to say, he got more than he bargained for, and was blinded by my snow white a$$ and he's still running.

I managed to get skunked that day, and I learned that I should always take a loaded gun to poop from now on.

At the time, I was pretty angry with myself, but looking back, it's pretty comical.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

While bowhunting at a nearby WMA I spotted a doe deer bedded down 50 or so yards away. I proceeded to stalk it and after 30 minutes I closed to about 25 yards when I stepped on a stick and was sure I'd scared the deer. I drew my bow and the deer lay there motionless so I proceeded to take another step or 2 before I took the shot only to discover the deer was already dead. I guess someone had wounded it earlier in the week and it bedded down there and died.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

Once I shot a doe and about 30 seconds after she fell a spike came running out towards her. He started running circles and nudging her around her at a very high rate of speed. It was hilarious. This went on for about two or three mins.
Old 04-14-2005, 02:56 PM

A bear and a rabbit are in the woods taking a dump.

The bear looks over to the rabbit and says...."Do you have problems with poop sticking to your hair?" The rabbit says......"No, I've never had that problem." The bear then grabs the rabbit and wipes his butt with him and says..."then you want any problems with that"

DC The Accountant Guy
"Not funny, don't care who you are"
Old 04-14-2005, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

A bear and a rabbit are in the woods taking a dump.

The bear looks over to the rabbit and says...."Do you have problems with poop sticking to your hair?" The rabbit says......"No, I've never had that problem." The bear then grabs the rabbit and wipes his butt with him and says..."then you want any problems with that"

DC The Accountant Guy
"Not funny, don't care who you are"

WOW you must be old that joke came over on the mayflower
Old 04-15-2005, 01:00 AM

And while we're on the subject of dung...

After about 5 days of the old man's elk camp cookin', I was travelling along a nice trail following a creek when the stomach cramps set in. It was all I could do to check my pack for the roll of TP I'd forgot and get my boot off so I'd have a sock to finish the job. I got stripped down, and let it fly right in the middle of the trail. It sort of looked like a big bear scat, with a sock on top. It also smelled as bad as they get, so I beat feet down the trail. I came out to the road and started back the way I'd come to get to the rig when this guy comes crashing through the brush onto the road. He looks at me and says " I just saw the biggest pile of crap in the middle of the trail with a sock on top of it" So I replied " you don't say" he went the other way, never knowing I was one sock short, and it was all I could do not to laugh.
Old 04-15-2005, 09:24 AM

WOW you must be old that joke came over on the mayflower

You must have mistaken me for someone who given a crap
Old 04-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I told this story before but its still funny to me whenever i still think about it lol

I was out doving hunting with him one day and he was probably about 50 yards out or so. It was pretty slow that day and we did manage to get a few so far. We were sitting along a fence line that ran along this cement canal and there wasn't any hunters. My dad and I always had a system to be within yelling range of each other and we were always careful not to shoot each other so that was a start lol, I had to pee so i put my gun down agains the fence post(barb wire) so i could go. As i was going, i looked over my left shoulder and this dove was inbound and right over my dad's head. Just out of reaction, i grapped my shotgun, swung around and got it,. After my dad saw what happen, he said "Hey were you planning on shooting it or **** it?!" lol. Only then did i realize i was 'hanging out'. I turned my head and turn a bright bright red. So you could tell it wasn't really a stupid moment but a rather embarassing one for me lol

Quick Reply: FUNNY STORIES!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.