Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Suggestions Plz. >

Suggestions Plz.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Suggestions Plz.

Old 04-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default Suggestions Plz.

Hey guys. Well i was looking to buy a book that goes thrue the basics of scouting, tree stand placement, tracking, and all the other stuff that goes with it. This year will be my first year out hunting so i would like to buy something to read so i can have at least of an idea of what to do. Im going to be going with a bow so a good bow hunting book will be great. Any suggestions will be taken into consideration. Thank You

Louis
Old 04-07-2005, 08:47 PM

Default RE: Suggestions Plz.

Get a subscription to deer & deer hunting for a start. Get books from Charles Alshiemer, Greg Miller, Gene Wensel or Bill Winke. Anything you can get your hands on. Spend alot of time in the woods looking for sign, get a idea why it's there and when ther using it.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:07 AM
Fork Horn

petersons bowhunting mag might help a little
Old 04-08-2005, 11:47 AM
Fork Horn

Peter Fiduccia "Whitetail Strategies"
Old 04-08-2005, 12:37 PM

All books by Greg Miller
Old 04-08-2005, 12:47 PM

T.R. Michels has a great publication "Tha Whitetail Addicts Manuel". It's loaded with studies and statistical data as well as a good foundation on deer behaviors and patterns. I found it to be quite imformative and interesting.

T.R. use to have a forum on the board but laft about a year ago. He's a wealth of information and a heck of a nice guy. His works are avaiable at
http://www.trmichels.com/TMcatalog.htm

If you want to get a feel for his works he has a message board he visits regularly
http://www.aimoo.com/forum/freeboard.cfm?id=520802
Old 04-08-2005, 12:50 PM

I agree with Recurve 67. All the authors he has mentioned are excellant.I enjoy reading books on whitetail hunting and have a significant collection of whitetail hunting books.The authors mentioned by recurve67 are certainly some of the best! There is another author named Buck Nelson who wrote an outstanding book on whitetail hunting.(If you were to do an internet search,I know he has a website)Also right now I am reading a book By Dr. Ken Nordberg,The Whitetail Hunters Almanac 3rd Edition.I have never read a whitetail hunting book that goes in to the scouting detail that this book goes in to. I am no new comer to successful whitetail hunting and I can't wait to get in the woods to observe the things discussed in this book!(Please don't interpret that last sentence as boastful that is not my intention)I am trying to convey how good I think this book is.