Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rain for the Okie opener >

Rain for the Okie opener

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rain for the Okie opener

Old 04-05-2005, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Rain for the Okie opener

well we've had two weeks of breezy, yet warm and clear weather. But of course for opening day we get rain, wind and cool temps.[:@] Oh well, I'll still be out there. I hope my arrow finds it's mark in the morning. Oh yeah, and I'm using the guillotine.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:44 AM

Default RE: Rain for the Okie opener

The weather was horrible this mornin. The birds were still gobblin though. I got in late and kinda messed up the hunting a little so i backed out and ill try again tomorrow. Good luck to everyone.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:12 AM

ya, my thoughts exactly, i could only go to 7:30 because i teach school so this weekend will be my 1st real hunt. what type of blind do you guys use or do you even use one
Old 04-06-2005, 09:48 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-06-2005, 11:50 AM

sounds good i can't wait until sat. it is raining here now as i look out the window. southern ok. i just made a post on your qdm subjet as well. we share the same beliefs and i think oklahoma it getting more and more educated on qdm and i would also like to limit the bucks to 2 instead of 3 that would help as well but it will probably never happen. well good luck!!
Old 04-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out to the public land this morning and had birds gobblin all over the place. I think there were as many hunter as there were birds. I had a nice tom coming right to my buddy and some horses spooked him. We saw 8 toms this morning and a few hens. Then tonight I went back out and had a tom strutting exactly in the place where my blind was this morning. I couldn't get him to leave the hens. they moved on and finally I found a bird, worked him for a little while and right when I had him comin another hunter shot him about 75 yards from me. He was strutting and walking right down the road to my call. But I guess that's what happens when you hunt public land. Oh well, I'll be out in the morning. Good luck guys.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I went out to the public land this morning and had birds gobblin all over the place. I think there were as many hunter as there were birds. I had a nice tom coming right to my buddy and some horses spooked him. We saw 8 toms this morning and a few hens. Then tonight I went back out and had a tom strutting exactly in the place where my blind was this morning. I couldn't get him to leave the hens. they moved on and finally I found a bird, worked him for a little while and right when I had him comin another hunter shot him about 75 yards from me. He was strutting and walking right down the road to my call. But I guess that's what happens when you hunt public land. Oh well, I'll be out in the morning. Good luck guys.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 04-07-2005, 11:56 AM

great story, where is douglas ok i live in tishomingo its on the north side of lake texhoma