. I know some people are very against bowhunting in the rain. What is everyone's thoughts on this one?" />

Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 rain for WI opener >

rain for WI opener

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

rain for WI opener

Old 09-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

Default rain for WI opener

I was checking the forecast for the Wisconsin opener this morning, and it looks like a 30 percent chance of rain in the morning and forty percent in the afternoon . I know some people are very against bowhunting in the rain. What is everyone's thoughts on this one?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:11 AM

Default RE: rain for WI opener

ORIGINAL: Northport buckslayr

I was checking the forecast for the Wisconsin opener this morning, and it looks like a 30 percent chance of rain in the morning and forty percent in the afternoon . I know some people are very against bowhunting in the rain. What is everyone's thoughts on this one?
My thoughts are that whitetail will and do move at all times of the day and during all types of weather, but prefer certain times and weather. We in MN have our opener tomorrow as well and I just checked, high 50's expected, and sprinkles expected. Short of a dangerous situation with the weather or just a plain old soaking rain, I will be out in stand.
If I were you I would plan to be out in stand. Rain usually comes and goes. Deer will likely more more during a let-up as well.
Number one thing in being successful as a hunter is being out in the woods. Plan to go out and what is the worst that is likely to happen?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:12 AM

I'm out there rain or shine but I would prefer shine. We are getting pounded with rain in MO right now. Our opener will be the first sunny and cool day we have had in awhile.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be out. Hell I figure that is what I bought all the rain gear for. I do shorten my range some however in the rain depending on how hard it is raining. Heavy rain and I go in but light rain and I see a LOT more deer.

Good Luck.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Bartender

They are calling for 2 inches of rain down in South Eastern, Wi.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Fork Horn

I wasn't trying to say that I dont like hunting in the rain, hell i'd hunt through a hurricane if it meant tagging a trophy! I was saying that I have talked to some people who say that bow hunting in the rain is unethical because the rain washes away the blood trail and you wont find the deer. I personally think this crap and plan on being in the stand tomorrow, but I was curious if anyone else had come across similar sentiments.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Fork Horn

k
Old 09-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

im def. going no matter what, im hunting in a ground blind so i wont be wet... i have confidence in myself on makinga good shot