Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 martin archery marketing >

martin archery marketing

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

martin archery marketing

Old 03-31-2005, 07:48 PM

Default martin archery marketing

i was just wonderin- i saw it in some bowhunter magazines-
whats your guys' opinions on Martin using those models to model their bows.. just wonderin...
i got nothing against Martin- i love shootin their bows- its nothing personal...
Old 03-31-2005, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: martin archery marketing

I like the girls. Kinda have to look hard for the bow
Old 03-31-2005, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

The latest one, the good looking blond, is not a model. It is Terry Martin's step-daughter, Kate. Surprisingly so, the girl shoots a bow pretty well too, so it's not all hype. But she does sell a lot of bows.

The advertising itself? I see more skin on the streets every day, and a lot of them have their bellies bulging out over the pants. And much worse on TV all the time.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:31 PM

I have no problem with it, seems to be doing the trick, and I think its smart. They're creating buzz with a tried and true method.

Its like Marketing 101; Sex Sells.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:34 PM

ORIGINAL: BGfisher

The latest one, the good looking blond, is not a model. It is Terry Martin's step-daughter, Kate. Surprisingly so, the girl shoots a bow pretty well too, so it's not all hype. But she does sell a lot of bows.

The advertising itself? I see more skin on the streets every day, and a lot of them have their bellies bulging out over the pants. And much worse on TV all the time.
What BG said.

And also, BG, those girls are what we call a Booty Do.

When a girl's belly stick out more than her 'booty do.'
Old 03-31-2005, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree that it does help and create a buzz, but I don't feel that it helps them sell thier bows. I mean come one how many bowhunters when up in a tree stand looking down at a buck. Or a hunter calling a bugleing bull elk into him or her will think. WOW I am glad I am shooting such and such bow. I know that if the hot gals in the poster liked it then I will like it and it will kill this animal. Also I feel that bowhunting is a family sport and stuff like that needs to be kept out of it. Just my 2cents
Old 03-31-2005, 10:45 PM

but I don't feel that it helps them sell thier bows.
Ya, I'm not sure it helps them sell anything. More than anything I think it just gets the Martin name on people's mind. That way when they are looking for a new bow they might be more compelled to at least take a look at them.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:25 AM

What bows? I didn't notice any bows in the ads!
Old 04-01-2005, 04:54 AM

I LIKE THE AD!!!! I'm not a Martin shooter or plan to be but I bet alot more people know the Martin name now.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

If it gets a person to at least pick up and shoot thier bows while at the shop, the ads have done thier jobs. The bow will/will not sell from there based on its own merit. Personally I like Martin bows, they felt good to me and so that is what I shoot.

Quick Reply: martin archery marketing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.