Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What have you found in the woods? >

What have you found in the woods?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What have you found in the woods?

Old 03-24-2005, 09:06 PM

Default RE: What have you found in the woods?

Has anyone found my virginity? I lost it in the woods right beside a lake?
LMAO! Nothing like doing it in the woods.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

Wow, I feel boring. Dead people, bras, condoms, binos, etc....

The oddest things I've found/seen in the woods are:

-cars (don't worry, no people inside)
-stands that definitely shouldn't be there...still trying to figure out when "he" had time to put that damn stand up.
-last year had wild hogs in our timber for the first time...odd, but now pretty excited
-cats...freaking cats. why don't they stay closer to the barn! They're out like 1/2 mile from their home...just don't understand it.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Has anyone found my virginity? I lost it in the woods right beside a lake?
Ohh...Was that yours? Would you like it back? I will pay for shipping if its really important to you...
Old 03-25-2005, 10:06 AM

An abandoned farmstead. It had a one room cabin that had a huge burn hole in one side, a bunch of old rusty horse drawn farm impliments, and the scariest looking outhouse I'd never want to use. There was a foundation for what used to be a barn but it burned down long ago. It looked like a nice place once but it must have been abondoned for a very long time. It was surrounded by some pretty big trees for a long distance around.
Old 03-25-2005, 12:19 PM

Fieldmouse, Was that you on that movie "Deliverence"
Old 03-25-2005, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

I happened upon a cemetary about a mile from the nearest road. All the headstones were dated from the 1700 and early 1800 's. That's not real unusual here in New England. What I got a kick out of,was that someone had built a tree stand right in the middle of the cemetary.
Old 03-25-2005, 02:52 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: recurver67

Fieldmouse, Was that you on that movie "Deliverence"
That was beside a raging river. I said a lake.
Old 03-25-2005, 03:04 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: johnch

I found a shotgun a few seasons back 2 or 3 day of season .
A little rusty but still usable.

yup me 2 i also found a 120$ knife 1 dozen arrows a box of bird shot still good and a scope once realy unbelivable but true
Old 03-25-2005, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Geeze, talk about boring. All I've found was a digital talking tire gauge.

We also find numerous shinny aluminum helium balloons all over the lease. The last one had a girl type cartoon picture and still had enough helium to hold it off the ground. Must be a balloon shop in the area letting them go and the wind currents drop them on our lease.
Old 03-25-2005, 11:07 PM
Typical Buck

I lost a flash light one year and found it the next.....still useable (mini mag-lite). Found a pair of whitie-tighties and a pair of gloves next to a tree where a lot of goose hunting goes on (my guess is somebody had to go BAD LOL) and near that same place I found some chicken egg shells (somebody probably made breakfast). I've found old old rubber boots and shoes out in the middle of nowhere before. Found the conical shape head lights to probably a 1930's car. Found a hatchet in a creek bed......the handle was rotten but I kept the head, made it sharp again, and put a new handle on it.....still use it today. A methlab was found in the woods of a neighboring property (a little scary.....that's why I always have a pistol on my side when shed hunting or scouting.....you never know what you might run into).

And I was gonna ask.....how many of you find helium balloons in the woods? I find them ALLLL the time!! Makes me wonder where they originally came from!

Quick Reply: What have you found in the woods?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.