Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Loop problem

Old 03-21-2005, 08:08 PM

Default Loop problem

Hi All !

I put a loop on my bow but now everytime I pull back my string, my arrow wants to lift up front and come off the rest... Not sure what to do.. any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks !

Dano
Old 03-21-2005, 08:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Loop problem

You are getting what is called nock pinch. That means there is not enough room for your nock between the knots of your loop. Try to slide the upper knot up a little bit to give your nock some more room.

Don't try to slide the bottom knot down because it will change your nock height which will cause you to have to resight in your bow.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:33 PM

How I have mine set up, just for a visual aid.

Old 03-21-2005, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

How I have mine set up, just for a visual aid.

I have always tied my loops with a serving nock point above the bottom knot of the loop like this as well. I just use serving material instead of a metal nock point.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:39 PM

i got this new video, some michael somebody, anyway, he's got his loop below his arrow's nock. i couldn't see if he had a tied in pt. above the loop or if the nock went right above the loop and then above the nock was a tied in pt., but that's why he had it. seen a lot of talk about this on AT and lots of pictures. anyone know what the deal with that is?

in other words, from the bottom, loop knot, loop knot, nock, tied in nocking pt.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gibblet

i got this new video, some michael somebody, anyway, he's got his loop below his arrow's nock. i couldn't see if he had a tied in pt. above the loop or if the nock went right above the loop and then above the nock was a tied in pt., but that's why he had it. seen a lot of talk about this on AT and lots of pictures. anyone know what the deal with that is?

in other words, from the bottom, loop knot, loop knot, nock, tied in nocking pt.
I seen that, the loop was tied on normally, but it looked like they pushed the loop togther and put the arrow above the loop. [&:] Not sure why, though.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:43 PM

Something along these lines?

I used to shoot that way, but I found that I wasn't able to attatch my release as quickly or without looking like I was when I had it set up the other way. I quickly switched it back to the way I have it in my previous post.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:47 AM

yeah, like that, except with tied in nocing pts, not brass. what's the deal with it. i mean this guy on the video, michail braden, he's won like everything, so i'm sure there are reasons. anyone know what they are?
Old 03-22-2005, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tied in nocking points because brass one slow the bow down 4fps for each one.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:14 AM

yeah, but bgfisher, why tie the loop below. what are the advantages. there must be some. is it just for targets or is it good for hunting also. i guess i could try it and see but my no peep is so perfect i hate to move it.

Quick Reply: Loop problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.