Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Instinctive shooting? >

Instinctive shooting?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Instinctive shooting?

Old 03-14-2005, 07:35 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Instinctive shooting?

I'm bored with shooting my compound and would like to switch to a recurve. I won't be doing it this year due to funds and other priorities. A customer of mine today suggested I loose my Red Dot Scope and go instinctive. I'm at least strongly considering this.

What would you do? Anyone else up for a challenge?
Old 03-14-2005, 07:47 PM

Default RE: Instinctive shooting?

I wanted to go strictly recurve, but quickly changed my mind when the Allegiance came out! I am planning on going to a recurve, but not anytime soon.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:21 PM

One of my bows will be set as an instinctive shooting bow as soon as my custom bow shows up. But, I'm in no hurry right now because of a torqued back that has kept me from shooting for 2 weeks now almost (@#$@#% cow). I learned instinctive and fingers on a compound bow ith 35% let of back when I was a little kid and I will probably end up going back in that direction soon enough. I think I will be swaping my Oneida Black Eagle over to a fingers and instinctive, they are a real popular finger/instinctive bow in this neck of the woods.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Are they really? I was thinking of starting with my Oneida Tomcat but heck I guess I can always throw my scope back on my Black Eagle if it doesn't work out.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:41 AM

Well popular is relative. I should say they are popular amongst the people who shoot that way which is a small number of people. And it is not just the BE's but also Aeroforces and older bows as well. I don't have an older one so I can only use a newer one for it.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Come on in the water's fine. I've always shot my compound instinctive style. Bare bow. It makes it so much easier. I don't have to worry about knocking my sights or not being able to see through a peep sight in first/last light. No worries about leaving your release in the truck (I finger shoot, remember KISS) Distance judging doesn't become as crucial either. (think about it, when you play catch do you try to calculate the distance to the glove of the other person you're throwing too?) It takes a lot more practice, but most of the guys on this board seem to practice even more than I do, and I'm very proficient at shooting instinctive.