Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Crazy Switchback!!!!!!!!!! >

Crazy Switchback!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crazy Switchback!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2005, 09:29 AM

Default RE: Crazy Switchback!!!!!!!!!!

I concur.......the bows are out of time. They should seek professional help.

Secondly, the chronoed speeds you posted are not unusual at all. I am shooting a 404 grain arrow with a 68lb, 29", switchback and getting 292fps as well.

I hope they will listen to you, fix their problems before they get rid of the bows. They are great bows!
Old 03-10-2005, 09:45 AM

Sounds like an unfortunate situation. It's too bad the pro shop isn't more help. I would call Mathews and see what they can do.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:55 AM

I think it's completely unacceptable that a shop would sell a customer a $700 bow and not go the extra mile to make sure the bow was setup and shooting properly. Hopefully the "stellar" customer service will result in a lack of customers and they will change their ways.

I can understand if a bow comes off the shelf and everythng isn't perfect. What I can't understand is why they were hesitant to take their bow to another shop. If it were me you'd better believe that I'd be on the horn with Mathews to let them know just how good their "pro shop" is.

Kudos to you jason for sending them to another shop. Hopefully the rest of their bussiness will be at another shop, any other shop for that matter. I guess it just goes to show how much we can take for granted an actual "pro shop".

I hope they get things worked out with their bows. If not they could always upgrade to a PSE.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:18 AM

Slow down .........wow !! [8D]

The harshness and speed is probably because it's 75# ........it's going to pull a lot harder than a 70# or less obviously !! The roller guard bows tend to pull over !!

If the string suppressors are worn out already, has added vibration, and his draw length is too long..........his bow is obviously out of spec..........he needs to check his ata,bh, and cam timing !! Spec's are much more critical on a string suppressor equipped bows........than a single cam without them !

It's a freakin' bow........Bowtech has had their share of little issues too.......seems like you have had a couple in the past BM !! Your buddy's get their bows back in spec. and the string settles.........they'll be good to go .....unless they got a Lemon and that happens with all companies(Mathews will fix it if that's the case) !!
Old 03-10-2005, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: CBM SC
If the string suppressors are worn out already, has added vibration, and his draw length is too long..........his bow is obviously out of spec..........he needs to check his ata,bh, and cam timing !! Spec's are much more critical on a string suppressor equipped bows........than a single cam without them !
Spot-on. And the SL type cams (whether they are SL,SL2,SL3,HP, OB, OV, etc) are even more critical..supressors or not. JUst goes with the territory. One twist out turned my OB from a super quiet smooth shooter into a twanging suppressor destroying beast.

Also, make sure that

A) the cables are in the correct slots in the roller guard

and

B) that the strings and cables are on the correct attachment posts. I've seen a few dealers who don't know a whole lot putting the cable on the string termination peg or vice versa on an SL type cam since they are so close together. This will make them feel extremely hard to draw and throw things out of whack.

SB is a sweet shooter...could be a lemon, or just a poor setup..but thats not normal for any mathews bow.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

Did the pro shop where you bought have to change the cams on these bows to get you the right draw length? The Switchback I bought was a 28 inch. I had the dealer put a 27.5 cam on it, and I told them I would tune it myself. It was all out of whack from having the cam changed. Maybe they had to swap cams, and never re-set the specs?
Old 03-10-2005, 11:19 AM

Hey archer im having some troubles with my SB and was wondering how you got you bow back into spec. Thanks
Old 03-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would not take them to another shop. I would contact Matthews and arrange to return them for a refund. Then go and get another bow, but make sure that it is what I am asking for before I leave. I can't believe anyone puts up with what I am reading. Handles falling off? High end bows hard to set up? I just can't believe it. Those bows should have gone back the first day. They paid for the best and shouldn't receive less. It's just not right and shouldn't be allowed to happen.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:26 PM

that sucks
Old 03-10-2005, 04:22 PM

I agree with nodog, take it back

Quick Reply: Crazy Switchback!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.