Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 03-17-2005, 04:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Passin the Buck

quote:

There is no reason why you couldn't find local property for all to hunt.

Let me guess.........this is where you are gonna tell me you know more about all the local hunting land in my area then I do right??

quote:

I've hunted with 8 people before. Sure we may be on seperate plots of lands but have always been with in a mile or so of each other.

Good for you........I don't consider that hunting together. I know you think you could swoop in to my area and bat your eyelashes at all the local farmers and they would just fling open the gates and let you and a dozen other guys have the run of the land........but you think a lot of things that aren't true so just add this one to that list
atlas this post was more for others who aren't so negative. I've pointed out many times over last year how to find awesome hunting spots. Your city limits end somewhere just like all others. You get outside those limits since you say they don't allow hunting and pick your spots. If you insist to say it can't be done, then you will never do it. FYI, I don't hunt very much farm land. In fact I only have one place that has a planted field behind where I hunt. I have access to a few large farms but avoid them. I hunt resisdential areas. They are loaded with deer and offer easy access through fed up home owners.

Your right I don't know where you live. Some how just letting out what town you live in will reveal to everyone your house number. I have failed to see how that could happen since we don't even know your real name. You also posted a while back about I never extended you an offer to come shoot some of the many deer I can put you on daily. This is true because I don't like negative people. I am willing to always help you find more spots though. You seem to be a person who feeds his family on deer. I think that's great. Keep doing it.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

quote:

We do EVERYTHING legally and ethically.

Except shooting your bow for target practice illegally in your yard.
Oh my heavens. Doesn't that just make atlas look like the biggest hypocrite to ever walk the face of God's green earth Atlas, thank you for providing proof of what a hypocrite you really are[:'(]
Old 03-17-2005, 06:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bowfanatic,
You may need to remove age/experience to prove your point, but i need it in there to show mine. I have no problems with a guy shooting young bucks if he doesn't get much time to hunt, has a less than ideal hunting area, has a challenge before him just to get any buck in range to shoot, is alloted so few deer tags overall that one extra deer helps out, or he is starting out his hunting career. I would never expect anyone to hold off in those situations. BUT, for some people it does become "routine" and just a matter of time until they can shoot a buck. THOSE are the people I don't understand. Those are the people I would expect to be holding out for something better, because either thier hunting spots area good, or they are good hunters for them to easily take a buck every year. That's when I think a person should hold out. You get to spend so much more time in the woods and see cool stuff, and learn about behavior AND up your chances at shooting something nice.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:57 AM

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

I've pointed out many times over last year how to find awesome hunting spots.
You've also told people that the front end of a deer is worth your time.......that one went over real well.

You get outside those limits since you say they don't allow hunting and pick your spots.
I'm not saying they don't allow hunting.........they don't allow hunting. Why is it so hard for you to grasp that??

If you insist to say it can't be done, then you will never do it.
I prefer reality........I ask people year round to try and find new spots. I have permission to hunt 4 new areas this coming year so far.......ALL of them have stated I can only bring one other person with me and I HAVE to be there if they are.......and I accept that because it is there land and their rules. I will most likely only get to hunt those places once or twice because I will almost always have at least 5 other people in my party.........but some days people will have to work so I will do what I can. I continue to ask just like I have for the last 15 years. What you don't understand because you are not from around here is that because hunting is only allowed in certain areas so everyone in areas that don't have hunting are looking for spots just like I am. There is no such thing as getting permission to hunt a large piece of land that is not already hunted by a bunch of other guys..........if someone says YES.......they have said YES before and you walk into land sometimes more crowded then the state forests...........I could sit around and pretend all day long that every land owner for miles has huge bucks on their land that would gladly let me hunt if only I would ask........and bringing 2-3 trucks full of hunters with me is NEVER a problem........but there's not.....and it IS so I prefer to deal with reality and continue to do my best with the hand I was dealt.

FYI, I don't hunt very much farm land. In fact I only have one place that has a planted field behind where I hunt. I have access to a few large farms but avoid them. I hunt resisdential areas. They are loaded with deer and offer easy access through fed up home owners.
You say all these things like it is gonna be a newsflash for everyone else...........WOW!!!! there are lots of deer in residential areas??? Who would have ever thought that?? Thanks for educating all of us who would have NEVER figured that out on our own.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:01 AM

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

Oh my heavens. Doesn't that just make atlas look like the biggest hypocrite to ever walk the face of God's green earth Atlas, thank you for providing proof of what a hypocrite you really are
Since the remark was made about hunting then you would have to show I do something illegal or unethical while hunting to be a hypocrite.

You already knew that though........because you are so smart

Now go kill a turkey with a rock
Old 03-17-2005, 12:11 PM

We put 7 deer in the freezer this year and at the rate it is going we might make it close to the fall with what we have.
7 deer in the freezer! I thought you said you didnt have alot of deer in your area or should I say maybe this is why.
Old 03-17-2005, 12:27 PM

I will most likely only get to hunt those places once or twice because I will almost always have at least 5 other people in my party.........
Who in the hell routinely bowhunts in groups of 6 or more? Unless you meant during gun season but Jesus this is a bowhunting forum. No wonder you guys have trouble seeing deer, one reason I bowhunt is to get AWAY from the crowds. To each his own but I would rather have a smaller group and have more chance to see deer, my annual week long bowhunting trip is with 3 total guys hunting 600-800 acres.

For you maybe it is more about bonding and spending time with friends/family and that is all good yet you also complain that you don't see many deer.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:10 PM

I was thinking the same thing.
Old 03-17-2005, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: mlo3135127

We put 7 deer in the freezer this year and at the rate it is going we might make it close to the fall with what we have.
7 deer in the freezer! I thought you said you didnt have alot of deer in your area or should I say maybe this is why.
I took 4, my brother took 2 and a guy we know gave us a buck because his freezer was full of Caribou.

This is the most deer we have had in the freezer in a looooooong time. The last few years have been extremely lean around here but we have been fortunate enough to remain successful. My other brother hasn't killed a deer in a few years and my dad didn't even see a deer this year. We all hunted very hard this past year and thankfully it paid off. We took 3 of those deer on opening day of gun, 2 during archery and 1 the second week of gun. I really feel bad talking to guys around here about last year because most are ready to scream from the lack of deer they have been seeing and taking in the last few years.......I agree with them 100% but it's hard to argue that point with 600 lbs of venison on ice.

One more thing.......we took full advantage of EVERY opportunity we had to harvest a deer. If we had a tag for it and we saw it.........we killed it. I can't stress enough how important it is to seal the deal on any chance you get around here........because it may be the only chance you get all year........you simply cannot afford to miss. Thankfully, we didn't.
Old 03-17-2005, 02:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Blodg

Who in the hell routinely bowhunts in groups of 6 or more?
I do.........I rarely go anywhere with less then my 2 brothers and my best friend......and plenty of times we have a couple more buddies that join in.

Unless you meant during gun season but Jesus this is a bowhunting forum.
Both.

No wonder you guys have trouble seeing deer
Why would more guys=seeing less deer?? We cover more area and are not careless with scent control or being stealthy. 5 sets of eyes in trees should see more deer then 1.

one reason I bowhunt is to get AWAY from the crowds.
The crowds during gun season around here are so rediculous.........we bowhunt partially to get away from the crowds as well.

To each his own but I would rather have a smaller group and have more chance to see deer, my annual week long bowhunting trip is with 3 total guys hunting 600-800 acres.

Nothing is worth not hunting with my brothers and best friend. Within seconds of someone offering to take me hunting with them I say "I don't hunt alone"......if they are cool with my bros coming then fine.......If not I say "thanks but no thanks" I wouldn't abandon my family to hunt ANYWHERE.

For you maybe it is more about bonding and spending time with friends/family and that is all good yet you also complain that you don't see many deer.
It is...........and we don't..........one has nothing to do with the other though. I have hunted plenty of days by myself and with just one other guy and we see the same poor numbers. I know 50 guys that hunt alone and just shake their heads at the lack of deer in the woods compared to years ago.

I have never noticed a difference in sightings between going in our group or by myself.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.