Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BOWHUNTING BANNED!!!!! >

BOWHUNTING BANNED!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOWHUNTING BANNED!!!!!

Old 03-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: BOWHUNTING BANNED!!!!!

If your a BOWHUNTER in PA you must join the United Bowhunters Of PA. Shame on you if you don't []There is strength in numbers!!!!!! That goes for any other state BOWHUNTER.

Hatchet Jack
Old 03-04-2005, 06:50 PM

Folks your being foolish if you believe that they can not stop bowhunting. You better sit up and take notice because when HSUS and PETA merged they painted a target on your back and told you their coming after you. They have the money, the time and the lawyers who's only task will be to fight against your sport.

They don't care about game management, car accidents, lyme disease, loss of habitat or how much revenue it brings your state. They think that what you do is cruel and inhumane and it must be stopped. With less then 1% of the population bowhunting all HSUS needs to do is convince the majority of the non-hunting public that what you do is wrong and its gone.

or

They may start the battle by wanting to ban traditional gear, then move to compound and crossbows. Or, they'll try to take the issue down to each county and slowly wittle away. They will fight what gear you can use, where you can hunt, what species to hunt till eventually there is nothing left. There is a bill right now, sitting on the desk of the Virginia's governor waiting for his signature that would allow counties to ban archery pratice inside city limits.

If you don't think it can happen look what happened to trapping and the fur industry within the past 20 years, or how about the recent ban in England on the long tradition of fox chasing. We hear every year how states have to fight to hunt bear, dove, mt.lion, pheasant, with hounds, over bait, etc,etc.

Lets face it, bowhunting is not an effective or efficient game management tool. Give me a safe backstop, bait pile and a suppressed rifle and I'll remove more deer from a neighborhood in one night than a bowman could in a month. We bowhunt because we like to.

It will be a never ending battle and you need to get involved by being active in not only local and state organizations but in politics as well because your elected officials are the ones that will be voting either for or against your sport.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Fork Horn

adams - great advice. Thank you.

I did just that very thing tonight. I have been a member of Chicago Bowunters, Inc. a 190 member, 30 acre archry facility owned and operated by its members. And tonight I nominated myself and was voted to a Board Members seat tonight. I plan to use this seat to inspire and educate our members on the need to meet these organizations head on. It seems a lot of folks wring their hands about the notion of losing their rights but sit on the sidelines when it comes to organizing and being heard. Our dollars have a tremendous voice but it takes passion and conviction to be heard. Don't be fooled into thinking it could never happen...anything can happen if we idly sit by and let it. Don't let it! Get involved, make calls, write letters, get involved with a local orginization, search for websites dedicated to bowhunting and let them know what you think. Let everyone know what your rights are and will be.

Oh, and by the way, I'm very proud to have been honored with this Board Member seat. I think involvement will make me better educated as well.
Old 03-04-2005, 11:26 PM
Fork Horn

"In all cases, sport hunting inflicts undeniable cruelty—pain, trauma, wounding, and death—on living, sentient creatures." So, I guess a Bow & Arrow is a "inhumane" method of killing an animal!?

...Would ya rather have them pushed out of windows little goilies.?
Old 03-05-2005, 12:37 AM
Fork Horn

Wirehair,
I think everyone knows what you are trying to get across.. But, if these "elected officials" want to keep their job's I'll bet they don't sign jack S**t! What do you think is going to happen if they try & bann any kind of hunting in the US!? There's going to be a bunch of the brown stuff hit the fan from millions of hunters!
Do I think it could happen.. It could. Will it.. Probably Not!

Here's one for you, They bann all firearms & tell everyone to turn their guns in at your local Court House, are you getting in line to turn in you guns? Or, does the government now have ONE BIG MESS ON THEIR HANDS?!
Later, Phil B.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Personally I think most people have no clue as to how these types of freedom infringements start. When "well meaning" albeit ignorant people give away a freedom for the so-called betterment of society they have no clue as to the length that loss can reach. If anyone really wants to ensure their freedoms and privileges a good, no a great place to start is in the education of kids. The public education system in this country is one of freedoms biggest opponents. Start there and colleges will change their tune as well. We may never see the effects but our grand kids might. Freedom should be the umbrella under which all things are judged in this country, but I don't think, even though many will say it was what this country was founded under, ever was.

Every person that has died for this country has died to give us freedom. Lets honor them by becoming at least educated ourselves. All these mistake have already been made by people and civilizations before. There are people who for their own personal gain exploit these mistake. An educated public would never even give them the time of day.

Anybody out there think sobriety check points are ok? I didn't hear anybody raising an uproar over the loss of freedom over those. Where were you guys then? See what I mean.[&o] Just my HO.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: MNRut

These people piss me off! [:@]

Not just because they are going after bowhunting though. They are going to spend 97 million dollars on something that they cannot accomplish. That money could be could be better spent saving wetlands or other endangered habitats. Instead they are going to come after hunting (which mind you is a billion dollar industry) and fail. Money talks in this country and unless they can top the hunting industry and all of its affiliated organizations they've lost before they've even started. Don't get me wrong I still think we need to have a voice on the issue, but as far as I am concerned they are just throwing money away.
same here that is bullpoop
Old 03-05-2005, 09:52 AM
pah

For anyone who's looking to get involved check out Wildlife Legislative Fund of America (US Sportsmen's Alliance) at: www.wlfa.org
I read a while back something about the salaries that some individuals were making from the anti orgs. and I'd like to know how they can keep their non-profit status. With the size of some of the salaries its obvious that these people are in it for the money and nothing else.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:14 AM

I thought about it for awhile. I think there is a chance it could happen, but it probably won't. The bow manufacturers would donate money to help us, because without bowhunting, they wouldn't make any money.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

That pisses me off[:@]... what can we do to stop this?? If i lose bowhunting then theirs nothing left for me..

Quick Reply: BOWHUNTING BANNED!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.