Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Leaf River Pics....... >

Leaf River Pics.......

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Leaf River Pics.......

Old 02-27-2005, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Leaf River Pics.......

So I was down in Bradford County PA this weekend to check on the selective logging that was completed on my family property. I brought the new Leaf River cam down as well and set it up yesterday in the late afternoon over some corn and a mineral lick I put out. I managed to get these pics in the first 24 hours.

The one centered in this one is a yearling looking buck when you look at the 1600x1200 pixel version. He isn't big, but I am pretty sure there are pedicals there.

The one on the right here looks like a buck too. Notice the two others in the glare next to eachother to the extreme right.

They did a great job on the logging as well, and still have a bit more on my Aunt's property (where these pics were taken) that is next to what my father and I have. You can actually see a huge marked red oak in the picture that will be cut shortly.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Leaf River Pics.......

Looks like I would have to take that mark off that red oak and put a tree stand up there. Nice pics.
Old 02-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Fork Horn

I definetly agree. It would be the place to hang a stand.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice pics
Old 02-27-2005, 01:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great selection on critter's Deer and Turk's ,let's go hunting .The pic's look good from your cam ,is it a digital?

nubo
Old 02-27-2005, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like that Leaf River is gonna work out great for ya! Thanks for sharing
Old 02-27-2005, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Nice.How much do those leaf river cams cost.Are they easy to operate,also like nubo asked are they digital?
Old 02-27-2005, 04:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice.How much do those leaf river cams cost.Are they easy to operate,also like nubo asked are they digital?
The digitals are $270-$300 depending on the model.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: nubo

Great selection on critter's Deer and Turk's ,let's go hunting .The pic's look good from your cam ,is it a digital?

nubo
Yeah guys, it is the digital 2.1 megapixel Leaf River with the LCD viewing screen on it as well. I got it for $299 on a buy it now auction on ebay from a guy that seems to carry them in stock all the time. It is pretty easy to use for basic stuff, but there are a lot of other functions as well that can be used that can get somwhat complicated for someone that isn't too technical with computer stuff. I also got 2x 128 mb Sandisk CF cards for it, and a card reader as well. My father will take care of it when I am not around and in NY. He just has to swap cards, plug the card with pics into the card reader, and then email me pics. It's rather convenient.

I should have more pics tomorrow. I setup the camera to only take 1 pic every 3 minutes yesterday. The area was tore up, I am sure there were quite a few deer in there that I didn't get pics of. I set it to 1 pic every 1 minute now so I am sure tomorrow will end up with more pics. I will update then when I have more pics.
Old 02-27-2005, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: drstalker

Guys, I have a friend that is now a Leaf River Dealer. He has promoised any of my forum buddies a price of $249 for the DC-1 and $269 for the DC-2 and that is SHIPPED!!! This is absolutely THE best price you'll find anywhere. They are great cams and Mike is a great honest guy to deal with.

Quick Reply: Leaf River Pics.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.