Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 outfitter wont allow 100 gr >

outfitter wont allow 100 gr

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

outfitter wont allow 100 gr

Old 02-23-2005, 02:44 PM

Default outfitter wont allow 100 gr

hello, i just booked a hunt through wolf creek expiditions for there fall bear hunt and the outfitter has strict orders that i am not allowed to have anything smaller than a 125 gr broadhead, i am a lil dissapointed about t his all my equipment is set up for 100 gr and they have the same cutting diamater as the 125 i also explained to him that i have 70 pounds of KE with my 100 gr setup and still will not make an exeption, any clue to why the canadians are so anal about this rule?
Old 02-23-2005, 02:46 PM

Default RE: outfitter wont allow 100 gr

Their hunt - their rules[8D]
Old 02-23-2005, 02:47 PM

Ya probably should have checked before booked.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:51 PM

Did they have any other restrictions like no mechanicals, or fixed blads only?

I would imagine this comes from experience. They may have noticed a trend in unrecovered animals and found that bears shot with a 100g head we recovered less of the time then those shot with a 125g head.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Ya probably should have checked before booked.
Actually he should have told you before you booked a hunt. If there are any restrictionss like that they should be out in the open right up front.

Some people get all caught up in the broadhead weight thing. Nevermind that by switching to a 125 grain head that you could be sacraficing accuracy and penetration due to a poorly tuned arrow.

Absolutely rediculess rule.

If you are that mad about it then ask for your money back and explain to them that they should have divulged this information before the hunt was booked. If he did tell you first and you still booked then it's your problem and you have to deal with it.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's pretty stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2005, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

??????????
Old 02-23-2005, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd look for another place, why hunt with somebody that doesn't know anymore about archery than that?... 100 grains is plenty enough. There's plenty more to a lethal kill that the size of broadheads to make a more than lethal kill. He has the right to make that rule, just like you have the right to find another outfitter. Good luck.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

you answered your own question he is canadian
Why do you assume all Canadians think that way? Do ya think maybe this "ONE" Canadian does not know much about archery? Or maybe he is sick of having camo clad lard *****stick and wound his bear herd, or have to chase wounded ones! By the way, I will be using 100gr heads on my bear hunt this year. Go figure[:'(]
Old 02-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is the first question I ask the outfitter when I book a hunt. I was ready to book a hunt and then the guy said no mechanical heads. Well I looked at him and told him dont worry because I will hunt some where else instead. It happends some outfitters dont allow certain broadheads, weights, mechanicals etc. You name it... Its weird but its their business they can make the rules. But you can make the choice on where you hunt.

Quick Reply: outfitter wont allow 100 gr

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.