Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

shed hunting

Old 02-21-2005, 05:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default shed hunting

I went out sunday and filled my feeders and put out 2 trail cameras. Hoping to see if the bucks are starting to drop. I did a little looking but found nothing but tracks and plenty of those since it stopped raining on saturday. Anyone having much luck finding sheds yet? I found one on 12/26/04 but nothing since.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: shed hunting

Over the last 2 weeks I have seen this group of deer on the way to work. When I see them it's 2:30 am. The first time I had to stop as one was crossing the road so I looked to where it came from and saw a bunch more on the field edge ready to cross also. I could immediatly see 2 bucks in the group, one with one antler and the other sporting both. The rest were either does or bucks that dropped both. That was on a Fri so Mon I stopped on the side of the road and used my spotlite to check the field out. There were eyeballs everywhere all bedded up. It seems the deer are crossing a railroad track then the north and south bound lanes of a double lane divided hwy to get into this field. There are new houses behind the field. About 2 days later here they are in the road again leaving the field heading for the tracks and woods. This Fri I have to go up that way to have sticthes removed and plan on walking that field. I just know there should be some dropped sheds in there. Will post what I find if anything.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:58 AM

Slowly starting to find a couple each weekend. Things should get good down here in another couple of weeks.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:31 AM

I wen tout for a couple of hours on Saturday and found an old shed form last year or year before, it broke in half when I picked it up from the squirrels eating on it. Not much but should find some good ones soon.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man I have been out close to 10 hours this year. Not one shed yet. I am going out again today.

I have found 3 dead deer. One being a good sized buck whom some trespasser cut the head off of. He had to have been there trespassing the day before I was there. It had just snowed the day before and there were boot prints in the fresh snow.[:@]
Old 02-21-2005, 08:35 AM

Yes I am going out agina today as a matter of fact, im going out in just a few minutes..LOL Wish me luck. Dang I hate a tresspasser.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:50 AM
Typical Buck

I almost forgot when I started this post, but I did find a shed along the creek. It was a deers tail. Appeared to have been pulled off-no bone inside the hide and looked to be fresh. It was in a place where it could have washed in from run off, but I don't think so. I am use to finding hair from where a deer has been eaten but this tail was there all by itself.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:42 AM

I had a good 8 pointer cross the the road in front of me Saturday night. He had both sides on yet and this was in northern WI.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:15 PM

Found two sheds a week ago but nothing this past weekend after searching for 3 hrs. Jumped 4 different bucks though late in the afternoon that still had thiers attached. I think here in central Michigan a few more weeks will make a big difference.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:18 PM

I've been out a few times..Found two match sets 1 set whitetail,1 set muley. Also found six other fresh sheds..Nothing real big..Did find a match set from last year he was about a 150 class buck..Its been snowing lately..as soon as it clears I'll be back out.

Quick Reply: shed hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.