HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - shed hunting
Thread: shed hunting
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2005, 07:27 AM
Rickmur
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: shed hunting

Over the last 2 weeks I have seen this group of deer on the way to work. When I see them it's 2:30 am. The first time I had to stop as one was crossing the road so I looked to where it came from and saw a bunch more on the field edge ready to cross also. I could immediatly see 2 bucks in the group, one with one antler and the other sporting both. The rest were either does or bucks that dropped both. That was on a Fri so Mon I stopped on the side of the road and used my spotlite to check the field out. There were eyeballs everywhere all bedded up. It seems the deer are crossing a railroad track then the north and south bound lanes of a double lane divided hwy to get into this field. There are new houses behind the field. About 2 days later here they are in the road again leaving the field heading for the tracks and woods. This Fri I have to go up that way to have sticthes removed and plan on walking that field. I just know there should be some dropped sheds in there. Will post what I find if anything.