Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 help on patriot dually timing >

help on patriot dually timing

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

help on patriot dually timing

Old 02-20-2005, 02:54 PM

Default help on patriot dually timing

have a 2003 bowtech patriot dually, and the factory timing marks have moved away from the limbs, and the module screws are also more then 1/4" away from the bow limb. I just put on a new vapor trail string (awesome buy the way), and I am wondering if the measurements for the screw and the limb marking are set at a certain weight. I shoot the bow at 60 pounds, and I am curious if the marks should be at the bow limbs and the screw 1/4" away from the limb at 60 as well as 70 pounds. I have noticed a significant decline in accuracy with the bow, so I am sure the cams are out of time. It also took some major tweaking buy the proshop to even get the bow to papertune. It is not so much out of time that I feel the difference in the draw, nor do I see a significant issue with the cams hitting the wall at the different times (altough hard to see when pulling a bow back). However, based on bowtechs information the marks and the module screws are the best indicator, and they reccomend that the guidlines be kept for accuracy and timing. Then I look at the very small amount bowtech talks about timing in the manual an I have more questions. Any help that would point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:12 PM

Default RE: help on patriot dually timing

i think the place to start sounds like taking the string and cable off the bow and measuring them. they should be put in manufacturing spec. it would be good if a shop around there had a string jig to put them on and get them tight to get the correct length and make any needed adjustments. if you do that you'll be close when you put them on the bow and be able to do a little tweeking from there.