Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What drop away?

Old 02-16-2005, 12:55 PM

Default RE: What drop away?

If you want a containment and drop away rest, consider the QAD Ultra Rest. I really like mine.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:42 PM

Trophy Taker!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2005, 05:26 PM

I have the HHA DART and love it.
Old 02-16-2005, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

Hmmm... lot of them out there... personally I don't care for the attachment cables. A close friend swears by the Trophy Ridge drop away, I've seen it up close and it is nicely machined. Now Bowtech has a great little feature on their cable slide to tie off on, which is nice... but I still don't like the pull back / raise the rest feature cable thing.

I did use a drop away rest made by Barner, many years ago, for target and it worked really well. The Barner used a magnet block and a sear engagment, like on a gun trigger, that you adjust from light to heavy. It drops out of the way clean with no cable. The only one I've seen similar today would be the Trap Door... but I've not owned one to say good or bad about it.

I did accidentally invent my own drop away rest this past season... the only bad thing was it dropped away while attached to my bow when I was about 25 feet up on stand. LOL. That's a drop way away and a half. Don't try that at home... it's kinda hard on your gear. [&:][8D]