Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 did i do the right thing >

did i do the right thing

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

did i do the right thing

Old 02-14-2005, 01:55 PM

Default did i do the right thing

dont know were to post this but. i was walkin home from school today and in a trap there was a opossum and i let it out. because its raining freezing rain out here and it was sleepin and shiverin. and i coulndt take it so after sitin out my house for a second i ran back out and let it go. did u guys think i did the right thing. i can understand if its bein a vandal but u cant let it stay out there u need to go out there and pop it right when its in there not let it suffer and starver to death
Old 02-14-2005, 02:13 PM

Default RE: did i do the right thing

well it all depends on if it is trapping season or not. If it is trapping season you should have just left it alone. Me personally not being a trapper i would have done the same thing.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:21 PM

its in residental neighborhood and i dont think ur aloud to trap here. in this part of the town.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:32 PM

By reading the post, I think you did the wrong thing. If it was a live trap then it may be legal. I do not know if they were trapping the animal as a nuisance or for the fur. Either way it was wrong. I would hate it if someone touched my traps. They are expensive to buy, expensive to treat, and they require a lot of time and patients to set up. I would have just covered the trap up to block the rain. That's all the animals do in the wild.

Depending on the animal they were trying to trap and the type of trap used it may need redying and waxing. This method is expensive to a fur dealer and takes a lot of time and hassle.

Trappers do not know when the animal is caught in the trap. Trappers check their traps daily. They do not want their animals to suffer.

I honestly think you did the wrong thing. If it were illegal then you did the right thing. I just don't know if it is legal or not.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

zak i disagree he said it was a live trap in a residential area so im guessing it was a nuisance. so in a way he did a little bit of both right and wrong. just not totaly wrong.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:40 PM

Bw, what part of it do you disagree with?
Old 02-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Blaming him for being wrong thats what i disagree with, everyone will have their different opinoins. iv caught someone that threw a rock in my trap one time and broke the spring it was a kid my age, i said either he was goin to pay for it or somethin else will happen.....he paid for it.lol
Old 02-14-2005, 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: bwhunter501

Blaming him for being wrong thats what i disagree with, everyone will have their different opinoins.
Bwhunter501, when will you ever learn?
Old 02-14-2005, 02:55 PM

Either way, my bet is that the dumb thing was back in the trap within an hour of letting it go. [8D]
Old 02-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

????????????? Dont know enough about the situation.

Quick Reply: did i do the right thing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.