Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 G5 montec in relation to fieldpoints?? >

G5 montec in relation to fieldpoints??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

G5 montec in relation to fieldpoints??

Old 02-09-2005, 08:18 PM

Default G5 montec in relation to fieldpoints??

Do the G5 montecs fly the same as your fieldpoints??If you dont really know..please dont really answer..thanks
Old 02-09-2005, 08:21 PM

Default RE: G5 montec in relation to fieldpoints??

Yes and no. If you tune your bow then yes, if not then no.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:26 PM

Yes, my friend shoots them, they group right with fieldpoints.

I notice that you are asking lots of questions about broadheads...The best thing to do is pick some out and shoot them to see which fly best for you. You can never have too many broadheadsanyway.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to assume your new to bowhunting and dont really know much about tuning broadheads. Then your answer is probably not. But download the easton tuning guide on the easton web site, follow the instructions, and then pick your broadhead.
Old 02-09-2005, 09:48 PM

you know..josh keller.I always tell my wife never assume anything!!!it will get you in trouble.I've probably forgot more about bowhunting than you will ever know.The only thing I'm new to is this site and other peoples opinions. The eastmans tuning guide has no relevance what so ever as to which head I would pick...Did you read the part in my thread that said "IF YOU DONT REALLY KNOW THEN PLEASE DONT ANSWER"[&o]
Old 02-09-2005, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do the G5 montecs fly the same as your fieldpoints??If you dont really know..please dont really answer..th

That wasnt meant to be offensive to you at all. However, most of the users that ask about if a broadhead flies the same as a field point generally are not aware of how to tune a bow to get such a result.

Any of the well made quality heads can be made to fly with your field points. Provided YOU do YOUR part.
Old 02-09-2005, 10:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Elk I use the Montec's with my setup, and for it I have to say yes they do, shooting at 50yrds I grouped them in a 4" group .That's with my setup .If you need to be sarcastic about this then maybe go elsewhere and ask.

nubo
Old 02-10-2005, 12:10 AM

Easy fellas...Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers..I do appreciate the input..
Old 02-10-2005, 09:48 AM

Josh..Sorry to unleash my fury on you..There was no harm intended..When I read that post, I had just got done reading an article in the paper about our beloved mayor (MY BOSS).Anyway I was pissed about it and took it out on you..I apolagize and thanks for your post.

I've been archery hunting for alot of years.and do understand the tunig process..I like to approach a question in the manner of getting honest opinions and peoples ideas.You see I'm always rtying to learn the new tricks of the trade if you will. One can never be too smart. Good luck hunting.
Old 02-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

They shot very close to his broadheads. I bought him te practice heads and he shot those exclusively as the season grew near(3 monthes).

Quick Reply: G5 montec in relation to fieldpoints??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.