Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Crossbow

Old 02-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default Crossbow

my neighbor has a Ten Roint Titan Crossbow that i have shot and i took my first bow season deer with this fall i was getting interested in bowhunting and was talking to him and he said he would possibly sell it to me because he has a compound bow that he would like to start shooting again. I he told me he would probably sell it to me for around $250 i was wonering if this would be a good deal for a used crossbow or if it wasn't the bow also has two extra yardage pins a sling and i think about six arrows with 3 broadheads
Old 02-09-2005, 05:26 PM

Default RE: Crossbow

I dont know about the price but i would defenitly go for a bow, since its a nicer experience shooting a fine tuned bow.
But thats just my oppinion.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:31 PM

Unless your shoulder is shot..Crossbows are for people who cant step up to the challenge of ARCHERY hunting!!![&o]
Old 02-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrates on the deer !
Sounds like a ok price .
I shoot both a bow and a crossbow .
Don't let the anti crossbow group get you down .
Old 02-09-2005, 06:08 PM
dws

I am another buckeye that hunts with both also. I think that price sounds fair if it is in good shape. They are a pretty good brand for the money.
Old 02-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

ok to all you anti-crossbowers than what kind of left handed bow can i get for $250 i am not made of money [&o] so if you have any ideas for a left handed bow at that price i would not mind checking it out i asked the about price of this particular crossbow not your opinion on all crossbow hunting
Old 02-10-2005, 04:01 PM

Here's a suggestion, find another forum beside a BOWHUNTING forum to get info on xbows. Or, put up with the lip you will get from us xbow haters.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lefty, I like your last post. Although I basically agree that archery shoudl be archery, I admire you for standing up to some who should never have posted in the first place. I figure, "Answer the guy's question or stay quiet".

OK, Ten Points are one of the best crossbows made. Probably them and X-Caliber being the top two. Most others can be considered............well, let's just say I don't even consider them. I work where I get to shoot some often.
The price sounds reasonable. What sighting system is on it? Is your neighbor going to be around to help with warranty service should you need it? And by the way, Ten Point is very very good with their warranty service.

I hope I've helped some. Any more specific questions I'd be happy to answer.
Old 02-10-2005, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

BG

thanks for backing me up [8D] i see these anti xbow hunters get mad at people who use crossbows all the time i am just taking what i can get or afford [8D]

the xbow has peep sight style sights with three pins with two of them sighted in one at 10 and another at 30 yards and yes my neighbor will be around for a while because they just moved like two years ago and he is only in his thirties so it is not like he is going to die on me [] as soon as he sells it to me so yes he could help with warranties

Also if i wanted to put a scope on it what would something like that cost and what would be a good scope

thanks for the help
Old 02-10-2005, 04:26 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Lefty go for it good xbow. Rich

Quick Reply: Crossbow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.