Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Anchor Point

Old 02-08-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Anchor Point

I'm having trouble establishing a good anchor point. Any suggestions on how to ensure a solid anchor constistently every shoot, and on how to establish good shooting form? Thanks
Old 02-08-2005, 12:39 PM

Default RE: Anchor Point

try a kisser button to get a consistant anchor point. i am sure you will get lots of suggestions on form what I would do if its eaier to have someone show you go to your local pro shop and have them pick you apart(in a nice way) have them watch you shoot and get tips,pointers from them. grip follow through,anchor,release are all important for shooting consistantly. once you have been show proper form and practice it,it will come naturally to you every time you shoot your bow.
Old 02-08-2005, 01:06 PM

I place the top knuckle of my index finger in the indention under my ear lobe. Its an easy anchor point that I can quickly get to, even with gloves.

I it doesn't matter if you anchor on top of your head, as long as you do it every time, you will be accurate. It's all about consistency.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:03 PM

I anchor the same as Double creek. I put my knuckle right in my jawbone under my ear. I also touch my nose to the string, but with my mighty might I have to bend my head forward a little because of the string angle. If my axle to axle were longer I wouldn't have to move my head to touch my nose to the string. Something I will consider on my next bow purchase.

Paul
Old 02-08-2005, 02:14 PM

As above - have your local pro shop give you some tips. I use a kisser when shooting compound, and the tip of my index finger against an upper tooth (incisor) when shooting recurve.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:16 PM

I use a kisser button and it deffinately helps me. With the kisser at the corner of my mouth and the string touching the tip of my nose, it's the same everytime.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:06 PM

I just pull back to some random point on my face and let go. [:-]
Old 02-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Typical Buck

I use a kisser and a peep and allso put my thumb no my jaw and 1st nuckel under my ear lobe.Just do the same thing ever time you will fix any problems.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I put my thumb right on my right nipple and the recurve tip of my Oneida right on the bullseye at 10 yards, and its dead on. Then any farther out, I "Kentucky Windage" it.
Old 02-09-2005, 05:06 AM

I do it the same exact way as Washington Hunter!

Quick Reply: Anchor Point

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.