Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Chuck Adams at PA Outdoor Show >

Chuck Adams at PA Outdoor Show

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Chuck Adams at PA Outdoor Show

Old 02-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Chuck Adams at PA Outdoor Show

I sat through Chuck Adams' 1st talk - ended up being just a Q&A session, but was very interesting. Some of the highlights:

Adams says 1) shoot longer bows (37+ ATA) 2) research outfitters completely 3) release make for better shooting 4) Coues deer (pronounce COWS) is the hardest big game to bowhunt (for him) in NA 5) only practice every other day 6) doesn't like carbon arrows at all 6) this was the first in 11 years he did not bag an elk 7) not concerned with speed 8) and much more.

Real interesting stuff. I could of bought 2 of his books and got autographed for $40, but they were a bit big to carry in the woods, where I would have wanted to read them. They looked interesting. Has anyone read his autobiography and/or the book about his grand slam?? If so, did I make a mistake in not buying??
Old 02-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Chuck Adams at PA Outdoor Show

I don't see why you wouldn't want to practice everyday.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

said
1) start early (at least 3 months before season)
2) constant practice can wear people out mentally and physically, which can lead to poor habits and "bad" practice
Old 02-07-2005, 05:17 PM

If you feel like practicing everyday and love to do it then go ahead, but I think what he's trying to say is that don't feel like you have to practice everyday to be a good bowhunter. The key is to keep your skills sharp through the offseason so when hunting season comes along, you dont have to do anything extroidinary to get your feel back.
Old 02-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

My wife bought his autobiography for me at Christmas time last year; it was a great read.

I completely understand what he's talking about with regards to practice. Most people assume practice makes perfect. That is absolutely not the case. Perfect practice makes perfect. I'm sure that's the point he was getting at, as suggested by doughboysigep above.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:37 PM

what was his reasons for not liking carbon arrows at all??
Old 02-07-2005, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Should the carbon arrow shatter or brake when in the animal the carbon fibers lodge in the meat and will circulate in the bloodstream until is expires. Carbons are outstanding for 3-D and target, but not for hunting.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:36 PM

have all of chuck adams books, and am impressed he is very intellegent when it comes to bowhunting, read his books theyl make you a better bowhunter
Old 02-07-2005, 11:57 PM

chuck adams did an interview and its on the bowsite.com site and he mentions that he uses aluminum because they are more forgiving and come straighter from the factory which he feels is really important for finger shooters such as him self.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

sounds about how he explained it, snow

it, again, goes back to the speed thing - carbons will get you more speed, but that speed isn't as crucial with hunting as with target shooting (shoot placement and confidence in your range and knowing where your bow shoots.

i personally love to practice every day and shoot a lot evereyday, but I know it has lead me to some bad habits. i think i will take his advice and try and make the practice better and less often.

Quick Reply: Chuck Adams at PA Outdoor Show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.