Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowtech Infinity Cam Question........... >

Bowtech Infinity Cam Question...........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech Infinity Cam Question...........

Old 02-06-2005, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Bowtech Infinity Cam Question...........

If I were to back a Patriot Infinity Cam down to minimum recommended turns on the limbs from the max of 71lbs, would it affect draw length, valley, or let off at all? I understand that brace height may be thrown off a bit, as well as proper nocking point and that doesn't concern me much.

Any help is appreciated.........
Old 02-07-2005, 12:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Infinity Cam Question...........

Very good question and I can see where your coming from. If the ATA shrinks slightly it seems that all the items you listed would be slightly affected.
Enough to notice? not too sure.
I shot my 04 PAT w/65# limbs maxed out, but plan on shooting my 70# limbs backed down to ~65, so I'm very interested in the answers you receive.

If you don't get many bites here you might consider reposting in the TECHNICAL forum.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone????
Old 02-08-2005, 09:24 AM

No, it should not effect your draw length at all. And it won't effect your let off either, except because you are drawing less peak weight your holding weight will be less, since it is a percentage of peak weight. It will seem to draw smoother though because of the lower peak weight. Your nocking point shouldn't change either if you lower the poundage correctly. It may in some very small amount, but I doubt you will notice it much. You will still have to check and possibly re-tune the bow though.

The most important thing you will effect is arrow spine. The arrows you are currently using will become stiff, if they were weak to begin with this will be a good thing. If they were overly stiff to begin with it may not change much. So you may need to re-tune the bow, or possibly get different arrows.

Changing the weight does not effect the rotation of the cam or length of the string and harness, so you should not see any change in how the bow fits you. In order to change the draw length, valley or let off you need to change the draw stop post on the cam. However this usually needs to be done in conjunction with a module change to keep the draw length the same.

You can adjust a certain amount of valley into the infinity cam. I did it with mine. However if you change something it effects something else. Say you want to make it so it has a slight valley at full draw. You can do this by moving the draw stop to a longer draw position. But by doing this it also lengthens your draw length and increases your let off. They are all tied together. The solution is to drop to the next lower module and do the same thing. This gives you the correct draw length, but a slight valley. It also increase your let off though. And the same thing goes for just trying to increase your draw length with the draw post, it will obviously effect your valley and let off.

When you first look at the infinity cam it looks like it is very adjustable, bit it isn't really, at least not with all the modules. You need to be very careful when adjusting the draw stop post. It is there for very small adjustments to fine tune your draw length. Even though it looks like it has a bunch of adjustment to it. If you go too far towards the longer adjustment it will over rotate the cam and the harness will contact the axle, this will wear it out prematurely. And if you go too far in the shorter direction it under rotates the cam hurting performance and decreasing your let off and valley ( you won't have any at all!). This will make the bow harder to hold at full draw, it will want to keep colapsing on you. Some like this though, epecially for back tension. I don't, I like a slight valley at full draw. I would say take it to a knowledgable shop if you want to tweak it. They should know about how much to adjust it and what module to use to get it there. And if anything goes wrong, like the harness hitting the axle they can't blame you for messing with the bow, they did it.

Good luck,
Paul