Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PSE Infinity XSR.....Any Good >

PSE Infinity XSR.....Any Good

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PSE Infinity XSR.....Any Good

Old 07-22-2004, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default PSE Infinity XSR.....Any Good

My local shop has one of them. It looks like a quality bow and it is set up to fit me. I told him not to sell it, I would probaly be interested. Does any body know if they are decent in quality??
Old 07-22-2004, 12:50 PM

Default RE: PSE Infinity XSR.....Any Good

I'm not familiar with the infinity. Is it a 2004 bow? I couldn't find it on the pse site.

But, if it's made by PSE I'm sure it's a good bow and would last you many years. I just retired a 10 year old pse this spring adn bought a new PSE. They are great bows and PSE will stand behind them. If it fits well and feel good to shoot, treat yourself. I'm sure you'll be happy with a PSE.
Old 07-22-2004, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

its an 4-5 year old bow
Old 07-22-2004, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Xenia,
I had a PSE XSR500 with Maxis dual cams in 1997........for then it was a relatively short bow (36"? ATA) it was also nice and fast but VERY loud compared to today's bow. The loudest bow I have ever owned. I would scare people on the range at 30" and 70# draw weight with light carbon arrows.
I hunted with it one season and took 2 nice deer that didn't seem to notice the noise.

I personally wouldn't pay very much for a new one now........If it's a can't pass up price there's nothing wrong with it.

Expect to swap out the factory string and cables immediately for a custom prestretched set to aid in tuning, but otherwise it should make a nice servicable dual cam bow.
Put some good silencing stuff on it, and shoot fairly heavy arrows and have fun.