Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The worst thing in the world....... >

The worst thing in the world.......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The worst thing in the world.......

Old 02-05-2005, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The worst thing in the world.......

So I woke up Thursday morning, to a horrible feeling similar to the pain from being punched in the gut and both kidneys. I stayed in bed all day, and then decided to call the doctor in the late afternoon. I went to see my family doc at around 5pm, and she told me to go to the emergency room immedediately because the source of pain was my lower right abdomen [:@]

I get to the ER, and they make me wait around for approx 3 hours so they can give me a catscan. Finally they get me in and sure enough, it is Appendicitis.......[:'(]

They did the surgery yesterday early afternoon and I have been on some extreme painkillers all day yesterday (morphine) and today as well (hydrocodone). I got home late last night and can barely move and can't stand up from the couch without help. My poor GF is going to be nuts soon I think because I know I must be a major PITA right now. She is being good to me though and taking care of me very well.

So what does this have to do with bowhunting you ask?

According to the tracking info I have, my new bow (Patriot) will be here on Monday, and according to the doc, I am not supposed to lift anything heavier than 5lbs for at least 3 weeks, probably 4. When I asked about drawing a 70lb bow, he laughed and said I would be lucky to do it sometime in March.............
[:@]

So now I have a new Mossy Oak Obsession colored paperweight until at least march....... I think the anxiety of waiting to shoot this thing is going to kill me.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:22 PM

Default RE: The worst thing in the world.......

Dang, that stinks. I hope you get well soon!

Which bow was it? Was it the single cam or the dual cam?
Old 02-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: zak123

Dang, that stinks. I hope you get well soon!

Which bow was it? Was it the single cam or the dual cam?
It is a leftover 04 VFT singlecam. I don't feel that bad right now, but when I run out of pain medication, I am going to be a hurting puppy for a while.............
Old 02-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sure you'll feel better as soon as that new bow show's up at your doorstep ,maybe not well enough to shoot it, but at least it will be there when you make a full recovery.

nubo
Old 02-05-2005, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

just think of all the tinkering and setup stuff you can do with it while you're waiting!
Old 02-05-2005, 05:08 PM
Spike

I had appedicitis 2 year's ago, It took me 6 weeks to draw my bow back & about 3 months without pain. Don't over do it, you can get a hernia & have to have surgery again.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:22 PM
dws

Hope you rcover soon, listen to the doctor and don't overdo anything like I did 2 years ago with wrist surgery. I was able to turn a 3 week recovery into 8 weeks. I would also lower your draw weight as much as possible before trying it out.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man that sucks, hope you fell better soon. At least it happened now, and not right before bow season.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:23 PM

Man, I hope you have a speedy recovery. Like Big Daddy said, atleast is happened in the off season. Good luck with that new bow when you get up and running!
Old 02-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had mine taken out 6 yrs ago. It sucks big time. But at least its not during hunting season! Don't overdo it, Wait until your healed.

Quick Reply: The worst thing in the world.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.