Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 The worst thing in the world....... >

The worst thing in the world.......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The worst thing in the world.......

Old 02-06-2005, 05:24 PM

Default RE: The worst thing in the world.......

I'm Rick James, b@!ch!

Seriously, that's just a setback. It could be alot worse than that. At least it wasn't a terminal illness and if I had to pick a time to get appendicitis it would be now, with plenty of time for recuperation before any hunting and fishing seasons roll in.
Old 02-06-2005, 05:31 PM

Well, congrats on the new bow Rick! You made a fine choice, and I hate to hear you'll have to wait to shoot it

When I got my new bow I'd have rolled over and died if I wasn't able to shoot it for weeks.
Old 02-06-2005, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I seem to be healing quicker than the doctors thought, I didn't even need pain meds today and it has only been 48 hours since the surgery.........they were under the impression that I would want some pretty strong pain killers for a solid week, but said I could stop taking them whenever I was comfortable. I am scheduling a follow up appointment tomorrow to go back and see the doc sometime late this upcoming week so that I can get cleared to drive again hopefully for the following week. Hopefully they will tell me then that at the end of February it is OK to start going to the gym for very light lifting, and that is is OK to draw the bow to at least get is setup with the right draw modules and get a peep tied in the right spot and maybe a few arrows a day. We will see if I continue to heal this fast. The good thing is that my mossy oak obsession stealth stabilizer will be in at about the same time that I am able to start drawing the bow.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just for grins I would lower the draw as low as thew owners manual recommends (2.5 or 3 full turns out??) and shoot it there for a while once you do "recover".

Good luck with the recovery....
Old 02-07-2005, 06:49 AM
Typical Buck

Sorry to hear about that, i sure hope you're feeling better soon. I guess the only good thing about this is that it didnt happen at the begining of October. Get well soon
Old 02-07-2005, 06:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Keep things in perspective. Get well. I wish you a fast recovery and god bless.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:41 AM

Yup it suck but as mentioned at least it happened now instead of durring the season. And on the bright side, since they took out you appendic it'll never happen again.

If you were closer I'd volenteer to tune it for you
Old 02-07-2005, 08:53 AM

that sucks
Old 02-07-2005, 10:17 AM
Fork Horn

Rick,
You know, if you would like, you can send your bow to me and I will shoot it for ya! Like other said, look at the bright side, at least the timing is right! If it makes you feel any better, I had a bone infection in my femur that resulted in knee surgery and guess what, I was diagnosed on October 1st and surgery on the 4th. I didn't get to hunt ANY of bow season! I didn't get to go hunting until December 8th! So keep smiling, you will recover soon!
Old 02-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Fork Horn

Now that's a bummer. I hope you get well soon (not to sound like a hallmark card or nothing). A man not being able to shoot his bow is like a woman not being able to shop. Ahhhhhhh! Hang in there.

Quick Reply: The worst thing in the world.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.