Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which sight?

Old 01-31-2005, 03:46 PM

Default Which sight?

I am looking for a sight for my new bow. I am stuck deciding between these three sights: Copper John Dead Nuts, Spot-Hogg, or a single pin sight. Which one of these sights do you recommend? Thanks
Old 01-31-2005, 03:57 PM

Default RE: Which sight?

Take a look at Impact sights. The Cosmic ring is one of the brightest sights out there. They have a movable and imovable sight. I highly recomend them. Spott Hog i found had a lot of screws and things you had to mess with before you got it sighted in(to much hassle for me). Copper Johns makes some really nice sights also, but when i mounted a few on bows, you couldnt get the sight window far enough down to sight the pins in where they should of been. That mostly depends on your riser length and where the bolts mount. The bow i had this problem with was a mathews LX. THe legacy had no problems though.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Red dot scope
Old 01-31-2005, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

I have the Impact Archery Omega XL. It's like the bigger brother to the cosmic which was talked about. I have it mounted on an 05 Switchback and I love it. I've never used a sight that draws in so much light. Oh by the way it's a single pendulum pin (green) that you can buy and screw in a battery operated light to illuminate it if need be. However, I've been shooting out back in my yard near dusk and these Impact sights (like I said) draw in alot of light so it might not be needed. I think I'm gonna get just to say I have it. Good luck with your choice!!!
Old 01-31-2005, 05:35 PM

I'm using the Copper John Deadnuts and really like it. My friend shoots a Sniper and its a real nice sight but a little more money. Can't go wrong at all with anything spothogg makes. Usually with sights, the more you pay, the better the quality.
Old 01-31-2005, 06:34 PM

I am trying a single pin sight this year. I'm really excited about the simplicity of having only one pin. Sight it in for 25yds, and then practice out to 40 and down to 10 to know how high and low to hold. It just takes a little practice. I bought the Vital Bow Gear Profix because it is simple, solid and bright. The fiber optic glows in the dark also if you hit it with a light for 15 seconds. It was also relatively affordable at $50.

Old 01-31-2005, 10:02 PM
Typical Buck

I've got to recommend Spot Hogg, a bit suprised there aren't
others chiming in? Great sight.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

I second the Spot Hogg. They are simply the best made sight on the market. Expensive but well worth the cost. The adjustments on them are fantastic, and they are built like a tank. I put a Hogg It on my Switchback, and couldnt be happier.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:25 AM

I prefer a single pin sight myself. I think that as fast as bows are shooting today, I don't need anymore pins. My sight is the HHA 5500L. It has a hood that you can rotate closed around the fiber optic wrap to dim the brightness of the pin, or shoot it fully open to make the pin extremely bright. It also moves up and down to adjust the yardage to your bows preset ranges, then locks into place very solid. Check one out and see what you think.
Old 02-01-2005, 06:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

For hunting Zak ,I would highly recommend the single pin Impact Archery Cosmic ,I used the Spott Hogg this season and was sadly dissapointed in it for holding the light .The Spott Hogg is my favourite sight for 3D but it's expensive enouhg than to have to buy a light to light your pin's as well .The Cosmic is cheap and you never have to worry about the pin not being bright enough and you can find it on e-bay on any given day.

nubo

Quick Reply: Which sight?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.